How Did You Meet Your Spouse Or Gf?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A Facebook friend (girl from Palawan) introduced us.  We chatted online for months while I was preparing my stuff to move over here. I was supposed to go to Cebu for starters... ended up meeting her in Iloilo and stayed.  :tiphat:

Is your stuff still in Cebu?

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Nah, I had the BB boxes delivered to Antique.   :tiphat:

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Met My Mrs working on Cruise ships in 2001 - bought a house in 2003 & a Condo in 2008 when we married & worked together until 2012 when we moved permanently over to the Philippines.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Not sure if I posted this in the correct forum.  Still learning how to use this site.

Well your getting there. :)  I moved your topic to The Relationships- Filipina forum. Where you had it was for our own Philippines expat forum gatherings.

As you can see in the image below each forum has its own purpose so choose what fits your topic by the description in each forum.  :thumbsup:

post-1-0-60201600-1446703252_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Yes I met my wife on DIA.

Well would you believe it, we could have been chasing the same birds , thats where i meet my Angle :thumbsup:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Yes I met my wife on DIA.

Well would you believe it, we could have been chasing the same birds , thats where i meet my Angle :thumbsup:

Well I only had conversations with about 4 who seemed to be building up to a scam then my wife wrote and it said can you be my friend well that is so different to I love you or I want your babies.I carried on writing to my wife and the rest is history this has been edited by my overbearing wife.

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted

Met my girl in SM Mall Cebu, having a coffee at BO's and watching the world go by, this attractive young lady passed my table and I smiled she kept walking, I watched her walk off and she turned to smile back, asked her for a coffee and that was it, been together nearly 2 years now, we have our ups and downs mainly from the differences in our cultures but overall every thing is good. If you think western woman are from Venus, filipinas have their own universe. I am 64, S just turned 28

That really summarizes it for me too. nice looking young girl meets financially secure older man and we love their youth, their everything. And they like our maturity often comparing us to the Filipino man and we come out favourably.

You learn later the more beautiful girls, are out of our reach and it's a good thing too.

• Like 2

BobP
Posted
Posted

Not sure if I posted this in the correct forum.  Still learning how to use this site.

Well your getting there. :)  I moved your topic to The Relationships- Filipina forum. Where you had it was for our own Philippines expat forum gatherings.

As you can see in the image below each forum has its own purpose so choose what fits your topic by the description in each forum.  :thumbsup:

attachicon.gifwhere to 1.jpg

Thank you JGF.  :thumbsup:

BobP

:cheersty:

bows00
Posted
Posted

Interesting. Based on this thread, it's like half of you met your significant other On-Line. I was about to hang up my internet dating ventures, but this thread gives me additional hope to continue with my Filipino Cupid site...

But I am still under the premise that your best chance is when you have your "boots on the ground". Yup, just can't beat being there. Maybe it's a combination of both...

• Like 4

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Met my asawa on DIA. She was recovering from an "attempted" scammer (the ol' send money WU so I can get your pkg of goodies released from customs scam) when I first connected with her, so her mood and that of her family was that of total suspicion. I merely told her the moment you feel I'm a scammer, just let me know and I will wish you good luck and be on my way. That was 3 years ago.

I decided not to trick her into giving me her thousand pesos...h ha. She's my princess and there's nothing I wouldn't do for her. :cheersty:

• Like 3