Maids...helpers....

RBM
Posted
Posted

Guess I am some what lazy or busy as have not searched this and bound to info out there.

Anyway we had a nice maid, aged around 50 and was the mother of a friend of my partner. She was with us for 3 weeks and requested permission to visit her home town (4 hours away) for all saints. Of course we agreed and sent her off with a full months salary P3K.

Now as many have guessed by now she did not return, no bad words, no complaints just does not want to come back....She had own room, personal shower CR and washing machine pretty good life as no cooking just tidy up and cleaning. She loved working in garden which suited....

Anyway how do you guys find maids? We have asked around and in spite of many difficult situations seems nobody is interested to work....

We are away a lot and really more concerned with having a person live in than a worker.

Any suggestions taken on board.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

The search function here will provide your answer. This common topic has been covered many times.

Edited by Old55

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Now as many have guessed by now she did not return, no bad words, no complaints just does not want to come back....She had own room, personal shower CR and washing machine pretty good life as no cooking just tidy up and cleaning. She loved working in garden which suited....

Can i apply :thumbsup:

• Like 4

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I have a good maid ! She starts work at 4am and finishes at 7pm !

she cooks-cleans-does the shopping.

she washes all the clothes , she washes the floor on her hands and knees !

she does the gardening etc etc.

YES FOLKS YOU GUESSED IT !

its the wife ! 

the thing is with maids or helpers, is 

A, their work is not to the wifes standards !

B.one maid we had wanted her Tri-cycle fare from her home to ours and she wanted us to supply shower soap-toothpaste etc etc

and she wanted a shower and breakfast before she started work ! and then her fare home again !!

C: one wanted to live in our Bayo kubo with her 3 kids.

D: best one was we had one woman come to us asking for work ! BUT she wouldnt wash clothes or clean the house !

she would only look after Mother and do shopping !

we have had things go missing but could not prove anything, and we cant afford one of those airport scanners !!

so the wife said no more !

so the wife is back to a non-stop day !

• Like 1

Crocodile
Posted
Posted

Having businesses in the Philippines, I have learned that great employees are plentiful, but they are still hard to find and you really cannot trust a normal employee unless you know them very well and have a face-to-face relationship.

In my experience, employees in the Philippines will swap jobs for as little as US$20 extra a month.

Once you prepay them, you have lost ALL control.

But, once you find loyal and dedicated employees and done a little give and take, once you show alot of trust and they reciprocate, you have an employee who will literally do anything for your company/family.

• Like 3

forget_it
Posted
Posted

The best maid, is no maid, if you can make it without one. Experienced all the problems listed here and more. In the long run, it's safer and cheaper to do without help. Also, the wife has almost lost the 25 pounds she gained while we tried to keep a maid for 2 years.

• Like 3

Larry45
Posted
Posted

she cooks-cleans-does the shopping.

she washes all the clothes , she washes the floor on her hands and knees !

she does the gardening etc etc.

YES FOLKS YOU GUESSED IT !

its the wife ! 

the thing is with maids or helpers, is 

A, their work is not to the wifes standards !

B.one maid we had wanted her Tri-cycle fare from her home to ours and she wanted us to supply shower soap-toothpaste etc etc

and she wanted a shower and breakfast before she started work ! and then her fare home again !!

C: one wanted to live in our Bayo kubo with her 3 kids.

D: best one was we had one woman come to us asking for work ! BUT she wouldnt wash clothes or clean the house !

she would only look after Mother and do shopping !

we have had things go missing but could not prove anything, and we cant afford one of those airport scanners !!

so the wife said no more !

You sound like Chris....not sure if you guys are bragging or trolling, but it must be quite a let down to marry a foreigner and end up scrubbing floors all day.  Oh well, different strokes for different folks.   :cheersty:

• Like 1