Petition Time!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Congrats. Now just follow the instructions you got in the e-mail to complete the process.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Congrats. Now just follow the instructions you got in the e-mail to complete the process.

Never got an email or packet. [emoji31] How long before that happens?

Thanks

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Never got an email or packet. [emoji31] How long before that happens?

Thanks

Try calling the embassy and ask about the progress of your I-130 petition. It should only take 2-3 weeks to process. We got our email 15 days after I filed the I-130. That was followed up the next week with a physical letter.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Still waiting on this. I've been in contact via email but I'm going to call this week. Thanks

• 1 month later...
Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

I have been unable to post here for a long time due to our global connection not being able to connect to this site. Anyways, we have cable internet here now! Life is good!

I was going to start a new thread but I figured I would just add to this one.

We have the interview coming up in a couple weeks and soon we will be going to the USA.

My issue is that my wife is pregnant and due in late June. I'm worried about healthcare for her in the USA. I know I'll be able to do it once her social security number is sent but what about before?

I would appreciate any advice my peops!

Thanks,

Rich

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

I have been unable to post here for a long time due to our global connection not being able to connect to this site. Anyways, we have cable internet here now! Life is good!

We have the interview coming up in a couple weeks and soon we will be going to the USA.

My issue is that my wife is pregnant and due in late June. I'm worried about healthcare for her in the USA. I know I'll be able to do it once her social security number is sent but what about before?

Thanks,

Rich

Any emergency room should treat her, worst case. Anything else would depend on whatever provision you have made for her health care. Maybe get some travel insurance?

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Rich

The ACA does nothing to prevent you from buying health insurance. You can just find insurance companies that provide health insurance in the state where you will reside and purchase a health insurance policy. You may even be able to do this before you arrive. The insurance company may try to get you to apply via healthcare.gov but you only really need to do that _IF_ you want to try to get a subsidy for your premium. The other question is whether you can get a policy that will cover your wife's pregnancy. Of course with the ACA you are supposed to get coverage for pre-existing conditions. You will need a US phone number where you can be contacted and a US mailing address.

FYI, the ACA requires that you obtain insurance within 2 months of arrival and allows you to get health care via the marketplace outside of the Dec-Jan signup window. Your wife's SSN will arrive within 2-3 weeks.

Not having an SSN can cause problems due to the fact that many organizations like doctors, hospitals, etc. ask for it when according to the law the SSN is not supposed to be used for ID purposes. Often it is just because their stupid data entry screen requires it. Tell them to put in all 0's or all 1's since if wife doesn't have one yet.

You might try contacting healthcare.gov to ask them.

Good luck. I recommend you have this figured out before you book your flight.

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I'm in communication with them. It is difficult because I cannot access the aca site for my state because they have blocked international ips and proxies.

I definitely need to go through the aca due to my wife being pregnant. We will definitely benefit from the subsidy.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I'm in communication with them. It is difficult because I cannot access the aca site for my state because they have blocked international ips and proxies.

I definitely need to go through the aca due to my wife being pregnant. We will definitely benefit from the subsidy.

Try using Seedify and pick a server in the US

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately they block proxies..

I was told though that I should be able to have my wife insured quickly by sending documents to prove identity and income upon arrival. I was told they will expedite due to the pregnancy.

By the way, not sure if I mentioned it here yet already but it is a boy! :)

• Like 3