How Much Do You Eat

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I can't speak for all Filipinos, but my Italian friends are in awe of my wife's appetite. At Italian banquets, she outeats them handily. They don't even come close.

That My friend is Brilliant, considering that the Italians are to me the Biggest Eaters I had met before marrying and Moving here.  :thumbsup:

Jack :)

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
i never ever wast anything

Was that meant to be waist or waste?   :hystery:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Personally, Judy and I were never a heavy eater.  Sure, we indulge ourselves with whoppers and halo-halo sometimes but fortunately, we are not overweight.  That was in both locations -- PI and the states.

Observing the eating habits of a typical Filipino/Filipina matches all the descriptions written thus far.  I believe that a good decent meal placed before them might be considered, their last meal for the next few days.  Allow me to explain their childhood where most of the time, a simple bowl of rice and fish heads was like a feast.  So they eat the last morsel of food, hoping and praying that the following night, they will not go to sleep with an empty stomach again.  Hungry street boys sniffing Rugby is a giveaway that they are not healthy and with sheer determination, they would beg for their next bowl of rice.  

And if they were invited by a good samaritan feeding the homeless, I myself would gorge on the abundance and then eat some more. Yeah, that was their childhood for many Filipinos.  And I guess it carries on to their adult life.

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

i never ever wast anything

Was that meant to be waist or waste?   :hystery:

Thats what happens when you are in a rush and you dont check what you have wrote ,i hope i did not waist anyone times reading this, :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
. Allow me to explain their childhood where most of the time, a simple bowl of rice and fish heads was like a feast.

When my wife and a few of her Filipina friends get together, that's just what they indulged in!

I guess it reminds them of life back then as children.

Only now it's followed by large desserts Cakes or puddings :no:

After my Mom die my Dad use to do the cooking, he would more often buy/cook the cheaper cuts of meat along with vegetables, so it's the same the World over. What you were brought up on, tends to be the comfort food.

But yes my wife can out eat me anytime. I have seen the link between high intake of Rice etc and Diabetes!

Happy eating Folks :dance:

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted

-What do you have for dinner? asked a Filipina yesterday.

-I skiped dinner, because I did eat some nuts and dried fruit at late afternoon, so I'm not hungry, said I.

:th_hu:

She hasn't recovered from the shock yet   :hystery:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Talking about eating and the Culture here, I had to laugh, as a Brit we too have some eating habits (Hmmm well not so much Habit as happenings). My Daughter saw some Old Photos of my Grannies House where as I am sure many will rememeber, There was always a Cut Loaf and butter on the table and probably other things as well. I said to her ah but that was years ago, Yeah Dad and you don't Change, EH? I said, Yep! you do just the same, hmmm How? Old habits die hard for you Foreigners too.

So up on my Screen this Morning is this Photo of last nights Supper.  :hystery: Spot the offending Evidence of her Comments.

post-2148-0-47310000-1446952925_thumb.jp

Jack post-2148-0-07754800-1446952967_thumb.jp

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I thought there might have been Daddies source  there :thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I thought there might have been Daddies source  there

:hystery:  Steve, It was Daddies sauce. Daddies source of  Enjoyment  :thumbsup:

Jack  :thumbsup:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We was at some friends house up in Laguna and we was staying over for a few days, they had gone out and brought a proper loaf, sliced bread and straight away i opened it and got the crust out and started spreading butter and jam on it, dont use that the wife said, get the fresher bread from inside,

Now in my younger days and having many bothers and sisters we used to fight for the crust, even opening both ends to get both, nothing changes in the mens mind i say,

Plus it had been days of just rice for every day at every meal  till i had that bread, even McDonald was inviting those chips, yum yum yum

• Like 1