It's Not About The Bullet

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

But maybe in the lunch room one screener might have said "hey I made 500 pesos off an tourist today, and here is how" and his neighbor says to himself "I'm going to get me some of that!"

Quite Possibly, I seem to remember a Member here only this week I believe, had said He had a Relative who openly admitted his scams in TMO and never touched his Salary So to me, Anything is possible Are we Agreed it is GREED or do I mean necessity?

Jack  :)

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Anyway, it is nice to see management taking steps to address the issue and probably promote Clark as not being involved in the bullet scam.
Very good  :thumbsup:    if it's real. not only to look good.

Filipinos are good at copying, when it isn't good to copy,

left to see if they will copy this too... :lol:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It would be nice to see this situation resolved properly and any step in the right direction is a good one.

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have something to share but I don't want to post in the bullet scam topic anymore.  That thread has gone downhill to the point of being unpleasant.  That is what can happen when one or two people filled with negativity take over a topic.  Nothing positive usually results.

We flew Clark to Singapore on Friday.  When we went through the first security checkpoint, the nice lady made a point of telling us that she could not touch the bags and we needed to push them through the machine.

Our flight was delayed about an hour.  Good old Cebu Pacific.  While waiting, a TV type crew came into the waiting area.  After a while they asked me if they could interview me about  airport security.  I said OK and we went on camera.

They asked what I thought about the security at Clark and I said everything was fine.  They asked if I had heard about the bullet scam and I said yes.  They asked if I was nervous about it and  I said yes, but the security actions told me they were trying to address it and that made us feel better.  I also told them we like Clark because it was uncrowded.

The camera crew was followed by what appeared to be airport management.  I think this was not a TV station but maybe cable or for promotional video.

Anyway, it is nice to see management taking steps to address the issue and probably promote Clark as not being involved in the bullet scam.

No terrorists were observed at Clark.

I am surprised you granted the interview. I would have said no to the interview. This whole thing is very politicized and it is good policy for foreigners to avoid politics.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
I am surprised you granted the interview. I would have said no to the interview. This whole thing is very politicized and it is good policy for foreigners to avoid politics.

Actually at the time I had the opposite feeling.  They sought me out as a foreigner and I could see that they had airport management with them.  I was happy with my experience, so why not let them know?  It was not really a political statement at all; just kudos for airport management being proactive.

I like Clark airport a lot.  I wish they would add more flights, especially some domestic.  They only have one domestic flight, to / from Cebu with a terrible time from Cebu.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We flew from NAIA terminal 3 yesterday and did not have any issues. We checked 6 pieces including a car seat, and had 4 carry-on.  I saw a lot of folks with home made saran wrapped bags and saw the booth where you can have your bag wrapped.

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I like Clark. It does have a reputation for rather persnickety Immigration staff, but it is clean, uncrossed and convenient.

K and the stepsprog flew from T2 last month with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I see that the 'bullet scam' thread is closed due to... individual abuse ? and degeneration. I have no problem with that. But please, please keep us advised as to the status of this national disgrace and if  it persists in the future. 

I travel regularly back and forth through NAIA via terminals 1 and 3 and we need to be on our guard and current on the situational status. I could fly through other international points of entry and exit, but it would be problematic. I have no intention of letting the bastards wear us down. 

Its a small inconvenience to plastic wrap & tape everything and I do so now religiously after what happened to my wife and will continue to do so until the forces that be get this thing shut down and under control. I am not holding my breath. My hand carry is 20 years old and in good stead since its quality leather, but if I have to I will invest in a hard cased clamshell to deal with this.... but  I detest being forced into this infamous international absurdity by .... words fail me.

Please keep us posted and updated.

I'm really hot under the collar on this one because of what happened to my wife in mid-Oct. while I was in thecoldland. I wrote it up on Reekay's 'Lifebeyondthesea' comment section re the lag-lag bala scam. What happened to my innocent wife was a pathetic travesty and I heap my scorn and disgust on those that allowed this scam to evolve and thrive. A pox upon those responsible. May they reap what they sow. 

• Like 2