Are You Prepared

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, using it to wash my car.  All kidding aside; I never want to go through it again, but yes I could and I would survive.

• Like 5

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I've thought about this too.

I'm not so sure I could cope to be honest. I'm sure I would find a way to cope financially but it is the rest that would be very difficult. I trust my wife and love

here dearly but I suppose my worst case scenario would be to be a single dad in my 50s with a small child.

At this point I do not really have a back up plan but I would be interested in hearing some from others.

Tom Cruise in Risky Business once said "Sometimes you gotta say wtf"..

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
"Sometimes you gotta say wtf"..

Yes but that does not pay the bills, or get you back what you have paid in,

We all have different plans and until it happens you really have no idea what you may do, some just sit there and wait for the help, others get up and help themselves,

All i am saying is make sure we all can walk away with heads held high and saying i can start again , ( what was that girls phone number who winked at me the day before ),

That last bit is for the just in case bit

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
got the t-shirt,

I have two, stupid bugger, you never learn

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

"Sometimes you gotta say wtf"..

Yes but that does not pay the bills, or get you back what you have paid in,

We all have different plans and until it happens you really have no idea what you may do, some just sit there and wait for the help, others get up and help themselves,

All i am saying is make sure we all can walk away with heads held high and saying i can start again , ( what was that girls phone number who winked at me the day before ),

That last bit is for the just in case bit

I definitely would not recommend living the "wtf" life style.

I should start to focus more on the "what if?" then the "wtf".[emoji12]

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted

It happens, and it might happen to me.  I would survive, and might even thrive.  Thankfully, the Philippines is one of the BEST countries in the world to mend a broken heart.   :thumbsup:

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Another thread comment got me thinking about this so here goes,

You have found the right person after being alone for such a long part of your life, after months of talking and maybe you have even meet each other too, life becomes sweet,

You start to plan your life with this person and you intend to move her over to you or you move over there to her,

You start to build that dream home she and you have thought you always wanted and you may think you want another child too,

After what seems like a new start in your long life something goes wrong could you COPE,

You have lost thousands , you are retired and all you have is your pension and maybe a little savings too,

You are alone  CAN YOU COPE,

It could happen to anyone , love is blind, just make sure you have a back up plan, it may never happen and i hope it never does to many who we know,

I dont ever want to think it may happen to me, i keep the purse strings very close to my chest and most of it is in my account, this does not mean i dont love my wife 100% i do and i would give her most things in life, but having been burnt before i dont ever intend to be burnt again, and thats down to me to make sure i come out of anything ok this time

I fit squarely into this category.  There is nothing nice about growing old.  With it comes the fear of whether you will have enough to survive the days left?

In addition, is the uncertainty of the state of the world making these concerns worse, I believe they most definately are.

A late in life divorce for me was the cruncher.  I often sit and get a little depressed that I should have just sat it out - but then I would not have met my partner.now!  

If only if I could get an on/off switch installed in the brain, I would probably be ok!