Are You Prepared

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The only problem I would have is if we broke up right after spending all this money building a house.  Give me time to build back some savings and I will be fine.  Not sure if you guys have noticed, but over here we are considered exotic.  Finding a replacement would not be that hard.  Hope I don't have to ha ha.   :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

PREPARED? Yep sure am, any problems and me, the Pensions and the ATM cards just walk, the Debts are not ours mateys, So the Government keep telling us, We came with nothing but us and the ATM Card. We own nothing. Harsh? Tough Words? sure but it is the way it is. "Bed making" Comes to mind here.

If Problems are caused, they can own them!

Jack  post-2148-0-83843100-1447037624_thumb.pn

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

The only problem I would have is if we broke up right after spending all this money building a house.

It means her attitude will change from 'simple girl' to princess' overnight.  It means you will spend many long hours wondering if you did the right thing.

and there DH you have it in one.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Would it hurt? Most definitely. Would I get by? Most definitely but not another marriage. This is my second and last one. 

So if it happens and I hope no one has to go through it, but if it Happens,  think on this  post-2148-0-36710500-1447041421_thumb.pn

Jack  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

There are absolutely no guarantees in life so the old investment adage, 'never invest more than you are prepared to lose' will hold you in good stead. That especially holds true for those of us who are retired and on a fixed income. You don't have the option of returning to work to make up any losses.

So many before have been burnt by buying, or building, a property they can never own and the relationship subsequently goes sour leaving them in a very bad position, financially and emotionally. If finances are that tight, I would suggest never buy here, just rent. It might be more expensive in the long run, but quite possibly not, if you invest your money wisely back home. At least you still hold all the cards and can walk away with the majority of your financial assets intact if it all goes pear shaped.

If you hope for the best, but prepare for the worst, you probably wont go too far wrong.

Just my two pennies worth.

Ken

• Like 5