Are You Prepared

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
Great thread, and it's really nice to see some reality mixed in here. After reading all the "my wife / gf is perfect" posts, I thought I might be the only one in the forum who hasn't quite reached the pinnacle of happiness :cheersty:

So far my wife is pretty cool.  Not jealous, no tampo, she has got a sharp wit and is very sarcastic.  That helps ha ha   One thing that helps us get along is we both tell the other they are free to leave anytime they want...it keeps both of us on our toes  It really is the most comfortable relationship I have ever been in.   :tiphat:

• Like 4

skyskyper
Posted
Posted

If you couldn't avoid buying real estate in the Phils then you should do it after marriage, NOT before.

Love yourself first before others. Your happiness should not be dependent on your relationship with other people.  

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The only problem I would have is if we broke up right after spending all this money building a house.

It means her attitude will change from 'simple girl' to princess' overnight.  It means you will spend many long hours wondering if you did the right thing.

and there DH you have it in one.

But still they come in the hoards and build the biggest houses

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

post-2148-0-09554100-1447058203.jpg EH? Who do?

Just Asking here.

Jack  :)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Who do?   Just Asking here.

I know that some of us can afford more than others of us, so the house price we could 'afford to walk away from' is different for each of us. 

Still, there are hoards of foreigners who build a dream house that they intend to live in forever, and when the marriage ends they are financially devastated.  I can name names, as I am sure you can JP, but lets just agree that, with a little exaggeration, we can say there are hoards of them.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifcurious.jpg EH? Who do?

Just Asking here.

That's why the house we had built is small ,cheap and can walk away from

Jack  :)

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
After what seems like a new start in your long life something goes wrong could you COPE, You have lost thousands , you are retired and all you have is your pension and maybe a little savings too, You are alone CAN YOU COPE,
It would be a hard blow, and it would make I will probably never in my lifetime afford to get some things I want, so I would be devestated - for a few days   :)    It's just money.

Then I will raise again and try to do the best of the situation. As long as I don't get any extra emergency, I can live of a small retirement pay.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well seems we all got some thoughts on this but the main Question is Could we Cope? I think we can all agree, we would have to or what is the point of it all (Life that is)

I think my Closing Post on this will be, I have been in the Gutter before. ( I didn't like it so I will not go there again for anyone or anything.) and like Tim' situation, She knows this but as I sit and write here there are No Problems that can/would lead to this happening, I think I work hard at our Relationship to let things slide too far. 

jack post-2148-0-84585900-1447119051_thumb.pn

• Like 4