Hotel Suggestion Near Dumanjug/port Of Tangil

deanam
Posted
Posted

This is my first Philippine trip and I am flying into Cebu and will be going to Negros Oriental using the ferry from Dumanjug to Huihulngan, as my flight lands late in the day there is no ferry by the time I get to the pier, does anyone know any hotels in/near Dumanjug/Port Tangil?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't think you will find a hotel close other than Moalboal. Why don't you stay overnight in Cebu city?

Edited by Jollygoodfellow

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Agree with 

I don't think you will find a hotel close other than Moalboal. Why don't you stay overnight in Cebu city?

Definitely agree.  Dumanjug is a very small town, and I do not recall seeing any hotel/motel on the way through town.  Stay in Cebu overnight, then go to the "South Bus Terminal".  Recommend you take the "Ceres" line of buses because they are newer and safer than others.  Ask for the bus that is going to Moalboal, the buses leave at least every hour going south.  The trip will take about 2 1/2 hours from Cebu to Dumanjug.  You can exit the bus at the Gaisano mall, and get a trike to the ferry.

• Like 2

deanam
Posted
Posted

Agree with 

Definitely agree.  Dumanjug is a very small town, and I do not recall seeing any hotel/motel on the way through town.  Stay in Cebu overnight, then go to the "South Bus Terminal".  Recommend you take the "Ceres" line of buses because they are newer and safer than others.  Ask for the bus that is going to Moalboal, the buses leave at least every hour going south.  The trip will take about 2 1/2 hours from Cebu to Dumanjug.  You can exit the bus at the Gaisano mall, and get a trike to the ferry.

Thanks for the info, it will be handy, I might see if there is anything in Moalboal as I wanted to get the early ferry, if not it will be a night in Cebu by the looks of it. Great tip on which bus company to use, had bad experience in Thailand with the Chiang Mai to Udon buses before, one company good one deadly. Thanks again, looking forward to my first trip

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

I would tend to think there would for sure be a basic pension in Dumanjug, there is one close in Ronda . In fact the new one I believe is now opened and Ronda is smaller than Dumanjog.

Personally would much prefer to stay the night in Cebu, heaps of reasonable hotels there.

• Like 1