Need Electric Info!

russellmania
Posted
Posted

I rent a 100 sq mtr 2 story new construction townhouse. It is equipped with 3 aircons,water dispenser,TV,Fan, Fridge. I run one fan 90% of the time here. If I run an aircon,its one at a time either living room during day.or bedroom at night. I have a submeter with the landlord and my gf went to check out the numbers for this month and so far I owe P5,799 for last month. My neighbor says she runs her aircons quite a bit in her 2 story house and her electric bill is near P3000, so she says. To me it seems high because I rented a 1 bdroom studio in Lahug with aircon running daily and my electric was near P5000. Does my electric seem high to you guys?

chris49
Posted
Posted

I owned a 2 story 2 BR townhouse with one AC in the upstairs BR.  Fans downstairs and in the other BR.

My bill was hovering around 6000 until I started to conciously cut back on the AC.  I got it down to 4k running the AC intermitently at night. 

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Wow, that does seem high, this may be above the point,but for those who want comparisons, I have a large 1 b/r condo, we rarely if ever (we will in the hot months of course) 2 fans, same same all the other stuff you have, our bill is 1200bht mth max so far.  When I was in a house 9 mths ago, it was 1500-1700bht mth, plus 1/3 for baht to peso! Big difference, whoever owns the electricity company I hope she has a 60 year old spinster daughter, with terminal cancer, I want to marry her and get into the rort!!!!!

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I run one small aircon at night only and my bill is around p3,500 (plus fridge, tv, computers...). If you run one during the day... maybe about right.

This timer is on my list of things to buy (brand not important - just a sample pic).  So far all the shops in town are always "out of stock".  It has a normally open switch for the aircon and normally closed for a regular plug, you plug in a fan.  Timer keeps aircon on - then de-energizes aircon and energizes fan.  Around midnight or 1 am, if the aircon ran for a few hours, a fan should be enough.  Also has a delay on make to protect the aircon during a brownout.  They only cost p1,500, it should pay for itself within 2 months?  :tiphat:

post-2045-0-69367400-1447056164_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Hi Russell....with 3 aircons, it's not easy to track usage.  Maybe someone is running one of them at night.  For comparison purposes,  we have one room that is well insulated, and we run A/C 14 hours each day in there.  Also running ref, fans, computers....our bill is about p3800 now....at 10pesos/kwh.   

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Hi Russell....with 3 aircons, it's not easy to track usage.  Maybe someone is running one of them at night.  For comparison purposes,  we have one room that is well insulated, and we run A/C 14 hours each day in there.  Also running ref, fans, computers....our bill is about p3800 now....at 10pesos/kwh.   

Larry I live alone mostly and my gf NEVER turns on the aircon without my say so. Like I said I rarely run the aircon and if i do its one at a time. My gf says my meter might be running fast because its not an official veco meter, but a meter the owner purchased. Its P12 kwh here. The owner said veco suppose to come and connect my own meter but I have been here 2 months now,and no veco yet.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am not overly good at conserving electricity so my bill runs around 5,000 a month with the air con on "a lot" but not quite 24 hours a day.

But your situation is different because your landlord is the one supplying your electric and I don't know of any regulation that says he can't charge you whatever he wants.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Larry I live alone mostly and my gf NEVER turns on the aircon without my say so. Like I said I rarely run the aircon and if i do its one at a time. My gf says my meter might be running fast because its not an official veco meter, but a meter the owner purchased. Its P12 kwh here. The owner said veco suppose to come and connect my own meter but I have been here 2 months now,and no veco yet.

If you have your own meter, just turn everything off and go and see if the meter is still turning, maybe some one is also using your power.

• Like 5

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted (edited)

our aircon is on low setting 12 hours a day + a fan in the living room 2 fans in the kitchen

a fast boiling kettle 2000watts ! a washing machine we have 2 fridges one for everyday foodstuff

and one for my cold drinks and goodies :lol: our monthly bill is 2000-2200 pesos.

i use british gas current flow gadget that shows me what current each appliance is using post-5099-0-13189500-1447093349_thumb.jp

the reading shown is for the aircon and 2 fridges and four 3w bulbs a small fan and my laptop

Edited by expatuk2014

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

my average monthly bill is 2000-2300pesos for running aircon 12 hours-3 fans a fast kettle 2000watts

a tv a washing m/c and my laptop and our bayo kubo is connected to our supply.

i use a meter to keep check on the power usage.post-5099-0-27056100-1447093823_thumb.jp