Need Electric Info!

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Larry I live alone mostly and my gf NEVER turns on the aircon without my say so. Like I said I rarely run the aircon and if i do its one at a time. My gf says my meter might be running fast because its not an official veco meter, but a meter the owner purchased. Its P12 kwh here. The owner said veco suppose to come and connect my own meter but I have been here 2 months now,and no veco yet.

If you have your own meter, just turn everything off and go and see if the meter is still turning, maybe some one is also using your power.

Chris I unplugged everything this morning and sure nuff the meter was not moving when I went outside to check it. 

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

If you rent there is a fair chance that the landlord is having a bit of a go at the kw charge, this sounds like what is happening to you.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Russ, I hate to share this but...............it is what it is really :1 (103): . Philippines has one of the highest electric costs in SE Asia. There might be some chancery as mentioned above but the bottom line is that the cost of juice is pretty high here. If you notice most guys are paying 4-6k pesos a month.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

On Negros our Electric is about the Norm 10 Peso a kwh. Over the House  147 mtr we Run a 1/2 hp, a 1 hp and now a 3 hp A/C Units, there are a few times all three are on together but not for long, Usually the 1/2 and 1 together when we are all in. ( Bedrooms) Many fans are about too.

The 3 hp goes on when we are all in the Sala  Usually for an Hour or so at Meal times especially. We have Garden Lights and gate Lamps plus post lamps on the terrace, as I write this our Consumption this month so far is  253 kwh = 2.530 peso. Based on this I think maybe we are not far off for 6.000 for the Month (ie 30 days.)

I said in another Topic on A/C I could judge it on about 100 peso per day for the A/C's and the rest would fall into line but that's us here in Dumaguete. I will say that we are, as they Fail, changing all lamps to LED ( Expensive to Buy but cheaper to Run)

Apart from Cooking we are a somewhat  Electric House. Now I don't know if this helps you at all  but my Bit for you.  :)

Jack :thumbsup:

ps We are 3 adults and I Brat :hystery: (Who thinks Electric grows and Tree's, as they do) :unsure:

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Russ, I hate to share this but...............it is what it is really :1 (103): . Philippines has one of the highest electric costs in SE Asia. There might be some chancery as mentioned above but the bottom line is that the cost of juice is pretty high here. If you notice most guys are paying 4-6k pesos a month.

Yeah I understand the cost of the juice here but If im running my fans 90% of the time,and other are running aircons 90% how do we have the same electric bill? Thats my concern. My meter started out at zero. then in 30 days the landlord takes a photo of the meter read and brings me my bill. Whatever the number on the meter, you multiply by 12 right? So I know the starting kw and the ending kws for the month.

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Heres a photo of my sub meter the owner installed

post-2396-0-20815200-1447125848_thumb.jp

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Russell, we have a problem sometimes of People tapping in after the meter, have you found any Evidence of tapping?

I know you said you had Turned off and checked it is not running but if people tap at certain times?

We had on Instance where the Barangay were running Street lights on a tapped meter after dark.

Just a Thought :)

For me, I would have the meter checked ( Calibrated) and get them to check for Tampering. Or even, if I make as Bold, your Landlord Tapping. I have a friend here who is in the middle of an Investigation on just this issue.

Seems all the Apartments were Big billed but the owners was Little.

jack :unsure:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Heres a photo of my sub meter the owner installed

The Owner installed, have it checked out Mate!

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Whom do I called to get the meter calibration check out?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Whom do I called to get the meter calibration check out?

Customer services at your Supplier.

Jack :thumbsup: