Need Electric Info!

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I just had an electric problem fixed yesterday, we had a short out from the main source on the street pole. Called up the electric co, had a nice conversation with a very pleasant lady, problem fixed in about 2 hours. Try getting it done that quick in the uk with its much superior infrastructure! Just saying.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

OK

Deleted posts. No point getting into an argument. Back on topic please.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
To me it seems high because I rented a 1 bdroom studio in Lahug with aircon running daily and my electric was near P5000. Does my electric seem high to you guys?

Just wondering about your REF. Old ones will consume more power and ones worn out will work harder and I guess use more power. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

To me it seems high because I rented a 1 bdroom studio in Lahug with aircon running daily and my electric was near P5000. Does my electric seem high to you guys?

Just wondering about your REF. Old ones will consume more power and ones worn out will work harder and I guess use more power. 

We had ours re-gassed a couple of Months ago cost 400 peso, works a dream 8 years old also the guy told us New Compressor next time. Recon about 800 New 1500 New Fridge Hmmmmmmm 26 to 35k I guess.

Jack  :thumbsup:

russellmania
Posted
Posted

It was brand spanking new.

post-2396-0-27134200-1447148480_thumb.jp

chris49
Posted
Posted

We had a Samsung brand new and had it repaired 2-3 times under warranty. Then a new compressor ex warranty. and I cite that as the reason our bill went from 400-500 to 2000 (here in the province, not in QC per my previous post). I shut the dam thing down and told Gina it's not practical.

Repairman told us Samsung in the lower price range is not tropicalised and not suitable for Asian conditions.  He told us which model to buy, but haven't acted on it yet. Forgot the model, but twice the price of the Samsung.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Petey
Posted
Posted

I know when we had our Load Schedule done with Meralco they wanted to know how many sockets, ports and blanking plates that could be potentially used. There assessment came to 349kwh regardless of what we use. Also the cabling grading will change if you have a single story or a double story house. 

See if you can get a copy of the load schedule from your local engineering office. See how many outlets your neighbor has compared to yours. Get your electricity provider to come out and check the installation, check for tapping.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

We had a Samsung brand new and had it repaired 2-3 times under warranty. Then a new compressor ex warranty. and I cite that as the reason our bill went from 400-500 to 2000 (here in the province, not in QC per my previous post). I shut the dam thing down and told Gina it's not practical.

Repairman told us Samsung in the lower price range is not tropicalised and not suitable for Asian conditions.  He told us which model to buy, but haven't acted on it yet. Forgot the model, but twice the price of the Samsung.

As I am in the market for a new refrigerator I would be interested in the name of the brand, if you remember it.

thanks