Mike J
Posted
Posted

At least  you know where to eat now.  :lol:

• Like 3

Larry45
Posted
Posted

There's value in it, because sometimes it's nice to have a meal in peace.  For example, one resto/bar I frequent has expensive beers, but I'm wiling to pay extra....just to avoid the trouble that comes with low prices.  Same beer, same food.....better atmosphere.   :cheersty:     

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I have been to many so called top class restaurants, still like the thrill of finding a place where I can enjoy a great meal at a cheap price and good atmosphere.  Depending upon where you live there are many.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

There's value in it, because sometimes it's nice to have a meal in peace.  For example, one resto/bar I frequent has expensive beers, but I'm wiling to pay extra....just to avoid the trouble that comes with low prices.  Same beer, same food.....better atmosphere.   :cheersty:     

Don't have money like that these days Larry...25 years ago in Thailand the street food was better than what was served in the hotel, so I learned it then.

Although I agree on the better atmosphere, a person like Gina, doesn't really see it that way. So no point. We enjoy more the local joints, have more fun in that way.

Jake
Posted
Posted

In other words the same exact food that the "rich" were eating upstairs but for about 30 pesos per serving. :hystery:

I just really get a kick out of this sort of thing. The huge variations in just a short space of distance and time.

I'm not really a big spender.  Even when we need to entertain out of town folks, we usually go to a mid price restaurants.  When out by myself, I would go to a turo-turo (point-point) place, like Tita's Kitchen in National City.  In the Philippine, along the wet market in any city, is where the locals hang out.  The beer is always cold and a lot better at the local price.  

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
and they are paying an average of 500 pesos per entrée.

Sounds about right

Item                     Out Back    Inside
Ingredients          20               50
Fancy Uniforms    0                50
Rent                      0             100
Wages                  5               10
Resto Profit           5             140
Resort Commision 0            150

Total                    30             500
Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2