Joint Bank Account

earthdome
Posted
Posted
She gave me an email address and basically said we can submit any additional documentation through that. She mentioned the joint bank account and she agreed me of I had copies of the ids of the people that made the affidavits. I'm not sure if they will be needed or not. I just thought if easy enough out wouldn't hurt to get a joint bank account and send in the documents for it.

Is this being requested to prove you have resided in the Philippines for at least 6 months to verify you qualify for DCF?

Or is this to provide further evidence of your relationship with your wife to be granted the visa?

Because I don't see how opening a joint bank account now will show you resided in the Philippines for the last 6 months.

One thing I thought of regarding your visa application. For meeting the financial requirement you may need to meet 125% of the poverty line for a family of 3 rather than 2 people now that your wife is expecting.

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Mrs F & I have a joint bank account at PNB. Opening it was not overly difficult. Getting the passport-type photos was the hard part. They have minimum balance requirements and fees that are so high as to be unheard-of in the US.

What kind of fees and balance are we talking about?

I already have a few accounts and we do not really need one except to help our visa. I hate to add another monthly fee to my list of monthly fees but perhaps we can just keep it for a few months or so until the visa process is over.

Thanks

It's been so long that I can't recall specifically. I remember thinking that if a person's balance fell below the minimum the entire account would soon be wiped out.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think the joint bank account is to prove bonafied marriage.

My earnings were well above the requiment even if it was for my wife and child but after adding expenses info the mix my adjusted gross is not high enough so I have a joint sponsor.

Also, no where on any of the forms does it ask about pregnancy. I suppose it will be known at the medical exam but I'm not sure if or how it will impact the process.

Thanks

#This was meant to be a reply to earthdome

Edited by Richieboy67

chris49
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys,

What are the bank fees here? Is there online account access, direct deposit, etc?

Yes, but you don't need any of those.

And I can't even see why you need a joint account, but ok. $200 in BDO, don't touch the money and there will be no charges. If the amount falls below $200 , bank charge is $5 per month.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys,

What are the bank fees here? Is there online account access, direct deposit, etc?

Yes, but you don't need any of those.

And I can't even see why you need a joint account, but ok. $200 in BDO, don't touch the money and there will be no charges. If the amount falls below $200 , bank charge is $5 per month.

I agree and cable see why I need it either but the very sweet lady at window 25 suggested it.

While in the topic of a joint bank account I wonder if it is possible to connect this to my PayPal account. If so I could use this to send my wife money while I'm in the US. I plan on returning for the holidays this year.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Mrs F & I have a joint bank account at PNB. Opening it was not overly difficult. Getting the passport-type photos was the hard part. They have minimum balance requirements and fees that are so high as to be unheard-of in the US.

When we opened our joint accoint at BPI the guy opening our account took our pics on his mobile phone. The minimum balance is 3000 php to avoid charges.

Ken

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We got a joint account at BPI before we were married.  I just had to have my ACR, and she had her voter's ID.   We got a joint account because the branch manager would not open one in my name only - as a tourist (every branch is different ha ha).  I am not worried about the account because it only gets our monthly allowance and gets almost emptied every month.... she can have it!  :tiphat:

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just a quick note:

If doing a joint account, they have "and" and "or". The "and" account requires both signatures to withdrawal while the "or" account only needs one of you.

Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

We got the joint account at bpi. We have a couple ATM card coming. I'll just keep a minimal amount of money in there.

• Like 3

brmpipes
Posted
Posted

We got the joint account at bpi. We have a couple ATM card coming. I'll just keep a minimal amount of money in there.

If you have a wife, she will take care of that for you lol.

• Like 1