Loud Music... Not Just In The Philippines Then

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Came across this on Yahoo UK

Pensioner Fined £1,200 For Blasting Bryan Adams Music At ‘Incredibly Loud’ Volume
John Hudspith, 72, made his neighbours’ lives a misery by constantly playing Bryan Adams’s hit single Summer of 69 at an "incredibly loud" volume

Yahoo NewsBy Ellie Genower | Yahoo News – 10 hours ago
 Share13Tweet
Print

Pensioner John Hudspith has been fined £1,200 for blasting music/SWNS
A pensioner has been fined £1,200 for repeatedly blasting out music at ear-shattering levels. 
John Hudspith, 72, made his neighbours’ lives a misery by constantly playing Bryan Adams’s hit single Summer of 69 at an "incredibly loud" volume.
Magistrates heard the classically-trained pianist also disturbed his neighbours by blaring out Jingle Bells as well as a Jive Bunny megamix.
Police were greeted with a ‘wall of sound’ when they attended the retired hotel manager’s three bedroom home in Willenhall, Coventry, on July 17 following complaints about the noise.
A West Midlands Police officer revealed the Bryan Adams track was played three times back to back.
Hudspith pleaded not guilty to breaching a noise abatement order on three different occasions at Leamington Magistrates Court on Monday.
But he was convicted after a one day trial and fined £250, told to pay a victim surcharge of £25, costs of £500 and a criminal court charge of £520.
He was also ordered to return £10,000 worth of musical equipment which police seized - including his computer, radios, TV, a piano, an electrical organ and an antique elephant gong.
Giving evidence, PC Steve Sharpe said he and two council officials could barely communicate with neighbours due to the deafening music blaring down the street. 
He said: “On arriving,  I was confronted by what I would describe as a wall of noise. It was recorded music being played at an extremely loud level going through the entire street.
"The clarity of the noise was such I believed it wasn’t being played through ordinary hi-fi stereo equipment. Conversation was difficult.”

Hudspith’s house where the music was played/SWNS
Hudspith, who uses two hearing aids, told the court he only listened to Classic FM on two small radios to mask the noise from the neighbour’s TV.
He claimed: "I have heard of his songs but I don’t have any music by Bryan Adams, it’s not my cup of tea.”
The pensioner, who is divorced and has no children, told the court none of the loud music came from his home and said one of his neighbours was a Bryan Adams fan.
He said: “The young girl loves Bryan Adams, that’s her kind of music. I don’t complain about it.
"Yes I can hear it, she has her windows open, she doesn’t play it all day long. I don’t play Bryan Adams.
When asked about the Jingle Bells track, Hudspith replied: "I have got a record with Christmas Carols on, it could be on there but I wouldn’t be playing that in April.”
Andris Skudra, defending, claimed Coventry City Council and police had failed to prove beyond doubt that the music came from his house.
She said: “You may feel that for someone whose love and joy of playing piano and playing classical music the Summer of 69 is perhaps not in fitting with his musical tastes.”
Earlier this year, Hudspith told how he had his £3,500 keyboard and other instruments seized by police after he repeatedly disturbed his neighbour playing Mozart.
He said: “There were about ten people in my house altogether but four or five burglars wouldn’t have made that kind of mess.
"I love playing Chopin and Mozart, it is a real joy for me.
"I am sensitive to my neighbours but I have had compliments from people who have heard me. I am classically trained after all.
"I mostly play classical music but sometimes I’ll play a bit of boogie woogie.”
  • Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Hudspith, who uses two hearing aids,

Perhaps his batteries had ran out of power but he did not know that, thats why the music was so loud

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry Kevin but I didn't hear a word of what you were writing about.  I'm deaf on both eyes, you know.  BUT EVERYTHING YOU DO, I WILL DO IT FOR YOU.  

Was that too loud for ya?

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hudspith, who uses two hearing aids,

Perhaps his batteries had ran out of power but he did not know that, thats why the music was so loud

that could very well be the case steve

I'm sorry Kevin but I didn't hear a word of what you were writing about.  I'm deaf on both eyes, you know.  BUT EVERYTHING YOU DO, I WILL DO IT FOR YOU.  

Was that too loud for ya?

shush now Mr Jake I am sensitive you know

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Difference is other places you can call the police and they take care of it.  Here there is no recourse ...other than buying yourself a bigger stereo.  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Difference is other places you can call the police and they take care of it.  Here there is no recourse .

Tim, for me that depends on the time of the day, we have Students live across from me, Our Captain calls or sends a Tanod Regularly to make sure the music is not annoying neighbours. Unless it is a Fiesta or a Wedding he is pretty strict with noise Levels.

As with most things mileages vary but we may be Lucky on this score.

Jack  :)

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Difference is other places you can call the police and they take care of it.  Here there is no recourse ...other than buying yourself a bigger stereo.  :tiphat:

A case in point, a few weeks ago neighbours on both sides had birthday parties, two karaoke rigs playing different songs simultaneously with extreme volume from 7 am until 1.30 am. The next morning at 8 am on one side they started again. I bought a 400 watt rig when I got here, so I played them Slipknot on drowning out volume, they packed in after about 20 minutes! If they want to go loud, I can too!

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I just go to an online karaoke on my phone, stand on my front porch and start singing Slim Whitman songs as loud as I can... Being new in the neighborhood, the neighbors caught on very quickly!

For those who don't know who Slim Whitman is, think of the movie Invaders From Mars... The secret weapon that killed off the martians! :)

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I just go to an online karaoke on my phone, stand on my front porch and start singing Slim Whitman songs as loud as I can... Being new in the neighborhood, the neighbors caught on very quickly!

For those who don't know who Slim Whitman is, think of the movie Invaders From Mars... The secret weapon that killed off the martians! :)

I remember Slim. in Perth when they had those radiothon's for raising  money, you could donate not to hear any Slim Whitman songs :hystery:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

A case in point, a few weeks ago neighbours on both sides had birthday parties, two karaoke rigs playing different songs simultaneously with extreme volume from 7 am until 1.30 am. The next morning at 8 am on one side they started again. I bought a 400 watt rig when I got here, so I played them Slipknot on drowning out volume, they packed in after about 20 minutes! If they want to go loud, I can too!

Excellent thanks for the laugh here. But...please exercise caution, many years ago when visiting here a German was killed in Dumaguete for similar actions. He broke after a few months, mounted a speaker on his wall and blasted classical 24/7 drowned everything, was found shot a time later. Not a story as knew the guy and friends. No arrests, nobody knew anything. Mind you he was living in a squatter area....

• Like 1