Message For U.s. Citizens: U.s. Embassy Closure November 16-20

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

dos_image.jpg

U.S. Embassy, Manila, Philippines

Message for U.S. Citizens:  U.S. Embassy Closure November 16-20, 2015 due to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Meetings

November 6, 2015

THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION THROUGH THE EMBASSY WARDEN SYSTEM AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO AMERICAN CITIZENS IN THE PHILIPPINES. PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD. 

Due to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Ministers and Leaders’ Meetings taking place the week of November 16 – 20, the U.S. Embassy in Manila would like to inform residents and visitors of the following:

·         The U.S. Embassy will be closed to the public the week of November 16 – 20, 2015. Routine consular services, including visas, will not be available. Assistance will be available to American citizens with only urgent emergencies.  For emergency assistance, American citizens may contact the embassy at (63) (2) 301-2000.

·         The Philippine Government expects leaders from the twenty-one APEC economies along with up to 20,000 delegates to visit Manila during this time period. 

·         During the week of November 16-20 major roads in Manila will be closed around the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), the U.S. Embassy, major hotels, and APEC venues.  Authorities are anticipating greatly reduced mobility in the city and limited emergency resources.  The NAIA will be closed on November 17. Travelers should expect arrival and departure delays and flight cancellations throughout the week. 

The U.S. Embassy thanks you in advance for your cooperation and understanding. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information. 

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.  

Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000. 

Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays). 

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted

Thanks for posting this. I saw some information about it on CheapO Air but it was not too detailed. I guess I won't be coming to Manila anytime this next week

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thanks for posting this. I saw some information about it on CheapO Air but it was not too detailed. I guess I won't be coming to Manila anytime this next week

Oh! That's shame, but it is not necessary for the US Embassy to be open  for your Initial visit. Is It? You come on your passport.

If you are Thinking Visa's for you it is the PI  Immigration you will need.

Jack :thumbsup: