One Way Flights To Philippines

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted

I tried to fly to Manila today to meet with my , soon to be wife, Andrea. I booked the one way flight with CheapO Air and was scheduled to fly on United Airlines.  They told me at check in that I needed a round trip and I explained that I would apply for a visa to marry Andrea and then book a flight back later to Texas. They checked and said that I would have to pay for the visa when I arrived in the Philippines. When I got to boarding, I was told to return to Check In. They said I could not fly unless I had a round trip ticket, which they could sell me for $1000.00. A round trip ticket through CheapO Air is a little over $1000.00. So I came back home and checked into it further. Has anyone else run into this kind of problem flying into the Philippines?? If so, what did you do to solve it??

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
If so, what did you do to solve it??

Jerry---------------search "throw away ticket" "tourist visa" "round trip" There are so many topics addressing what your referring to its staggering .

But to give you a simple answer. Yes you need a return ticket of some type to enter the Philippines.

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

It's more the airlines that enforce this than the local authorities.  They're so tough on it as they're the ones that will have to foot the bill for your return trip if you don't hold a ticket. 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's more the airlines that enforce this than the local authorities.  They're so tough on it as they're the ones that will have to foot the bill for your return trip if you don't hold a ticket. 

That is very true but you will find the Entry gates will on many occasions ask to see a Ticket, Too late then you've done the Journey and you are stuck in No mans land.

As we are here, can I just Add that Dumaguete are now asking for sight of the Onward Ticket when new arrivals go for the waiver after 30 days. One US Guy told me that even on the First Extension he was asked.

They are starting to tighten up but lets see if a scam can come out here  500 please and I will extend you  :lol:

BTW Dumaguete are enforcing the dress code as Cebu seen to be lightening up on it.

Jack :thumbsup:

Edit as I did not have my coffee before sending :hystery:  

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
That is very true but you will find the Entry gates will on many occasions ask to see a Ticket, Too late then you've done the Journey and you are stuck in No mans land.  

I think the airlines cop a pretty hefty fine too for allowing you to board without an onward ticket.  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I think the airlines cop a pretty hefty fine too for allowing you to board without an onward ticket.  

Yep Agreed, this is why they put your Flight Number on the Entry Stamp.

Have you Noticed Whenever you fill an immigration form in, they always ask for your Last Entry Flight number?

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Ah, hadn't noticed but there you go. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I just bought a throwaway ticket on air asia

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

You have to have an exit ticket - not a return ticket.  3 years ago, when I was moving over here I ran into it.  DFW airport, Korean air ticket agent.  She insisted I had to have a return ticket.  I kept telling her my exit flight to Malaysia was good enough.  We were both very insistent, but I was more polite.  She finally called her supervisor over, to put me in my place no doubt.  Her supervisor looked at my itinerary and said I was fine.  The Philippines requires an exit ticket... they do not care where, or when, just a ticket out of the country My throw away ticket was for 1 year in advance, that way you can use it more than one exit.  :tiphat:

• Like 4