One Way Flights To Philippines

Jake
Posted
Posted

You have to have an exit ticket - not a return ticket.  3 years ago, when I was moving over here I ran into it.  DFW airport, Korean air ticket agent.  She insisted I had to have a return ticket.  I kept telling her my exit flight to Malaysia was good enough.  We were both very insistent, but I was more polite.  She finally called her supervisor over, to put me in my place no doubt.  Her supervisor looked at my itinerary and said I was fine.  The Philippines requires an exit ticket... they do not care where, or when, just a ticket out of the country My throw away ticket was for 1 year in advance, that way you can use it more than one exit.  :tiphat:

Excellent point King Tuk!  I thought all along that a return ticket (back to USA for example) was required.  EXIT is the key word as far as Philippine immigration is concern.  And apparently, not all ticket agents are aware of that.

Thank you for the clarification!

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I have recently returned from uk on a single ticket, with an exit ticket from Air Asia. Dated for 30th November.The check in girl at Heathrow was adamant that I needed a return. I explained, nicely, that I was not returning to the uk and that I was travelling on to Malaysia and that was sufficient for boarding. She called her supervisor and he explained to her that I was within my rights to do this.

When I arrived at Davao, the lady on immigration asked me how long I intended to stay, I told her a few months because I was intending to arrange a marriage here. She did not ask to see an onward ticket but did ask me when it was dated for. I told her and she just said she would stamp me in until 29th November and that I would have to do immigration for that one day.

I have already thrown away that ticket as I have never been asked for it at a visa extension. If there is a problem surely I can buy another one to show to them, or have I done a boo boo?

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Happened to me in KL a couple of years ago!!  No way around it,that is the clear and effectual advice.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

There are so many topics on this and yes one must have an onward ticket. If I was going to a country I have never been to before I would do my homework first to avoid any problems.  :1 (235):

• Like 2