Posted

Reminds of a beer commercial - "Stay thirsty my friends..."

Uh, more like this:

post-5148-0-26115800-1447841351_thumb.jp

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

So I have to ask, where are the ladies from that seem to enjoy this?  I've been in two relationships, one more serious than the other.  The first was from Butuan, lives in Angeles (no, not for the obvious reason) and definitely the keeper of the two and the more committed from both sides (long story some of you know as to why that ended).  The second was a Negros lady.  I didn't experience any of this from either.

Just wondering if it's a regional thing.. As most of us know, generalising as "a filipina" is completely inaccurate in most cases, it's like calling us all "Westerners" and making assumptions.  The Philippines is probably one of the most diverse nations on the planet in such a small area to my mind.   

Regional or familial? Just askin'.  

• Like 5

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted
I'd like to know this, too.
  • Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

So I have to ask, where are the ladies from that seem to enjoy this?  I've been in two relationships, one more serious than the other.  The first was from Butuan, lives in Angeles (no, not for the obvious reason) and definitely the keeper of the two and the more committed from both sides (long story some of you know as to why that ended).  The second was a Negros lady.  I didn't experience any of this from either.

Just wondering if it's a regional thing.. As most of us know, generalising as "a filipina" is completely inaccurate in most cases, it's like calling us all "Westerners" and making assumptions.  The Philippines is probably one of the most diverse nations on the planet in such a small area to my mind.   

I don't think I ever meant to imply that it was a Filipina thing or a regional thing. All I knew for sure it that it is my wife's thing - and in this case done to my thing :)

I do think there is a personal space issue in the West vs. the Philippines. I have a queen sized bed and am used to my side of it. No longer. Janet is used to being 1 of 10 children and probably rarely slept alone. I don't mind and kinda like contact but Janet's idea of what she is used to is bodies entwined and I can't sleep that way. So I try to give her what she wants when we go to bed until it's time to sleep and then I shift over a bit. Nonetheless it's pretty common that I wake up in the middle of the night on the edge of the bed with her leg, arm and half her body on top of me. I gently move her to get my space again - but can I really complain about a wife who wants to be that close?

In a weird way I think the biting/nibling is the same thing - her need to feel close and connected.

It's ironic cause in my previous marriage I hated the fact that my then wife slept all the way on the other side of the bed and wanted to be disconnected. I always wanted a partner who wanted that physical connection and now I certainly have that!

Edited by davewe
  • Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

One of the nice things about many of our wives, Dave, is that I think many of us fall under the "opposites attract" category rather than the "common ground" category. The opposite meaning the positive aspects of that said attraction-which I think Filipinas in general are such a good fit for us foreigners. This can apply not only to the obvious outer physical appearances between the two, but also in attitude, age, and certain routine practices in daily life. In this case, as you pointed out, it's somewhat aggressive playful behavior vs a more passive way of showing love. The list of these differences can be endless

There it is...I generalized filipinas-alas! But in the most positive way... (I know other cultures...but this forum is Phl related)...

Whatever your time zone is, hope you and your wonderful opposite are having a good morning, afternoon, evening... :morning1:  :cheersty:  :Count_Sheep:

Edited by Hey Steve
  • Like 5

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

It's ironic cause in my previous marriage I hated the fact that my then wife slept all the way on the other side of the bed and wanted to be disconnected. I always wanted a partner who wanted that physical connection and now I certainly have that!

Be careful what you wish for! I like that you've tried to redirect that aggressive behavior on her part to something mutually agreeable, too.

I did also let Janet know that as a substitute she could Ger Ger me as aggressively as she wanted to :) The result was positive!

• Like 1