Posted
Posted
Go Fund Me

I had not heard of it but it sounds interesting

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Manila familiar members please give me an opinion on this idea:

If this train is running, and if my Google Earth map is not lying to me, I can walk out the door of Terminal 3 at NAIA, turn right and follow the road (looks to be called Sales road and runs parallel to the entrance to the Skyway).  Anyway, it looks to me 1 1/2 km following the road direct to Nichols Station of the train I mention in the opening post.  Then I can take the train direct to where I want to be in Alabang for a handfull of pesos instead of a 500 pesos cab ride.

Am I cheap?  You betcha.  Maybe another cheapo can chime in and tell me if this works.  I definitely don't mind walking and I do 1 & 1/2 km in an easy 20 minutes at 10 am.

Next part of the question would be how to cross all them lanes of traffic to get to the Nichols Train Station?  There must be a way to get in and out of the train station, right?

EDIT:  There is an article on tripadvisor that has a lot of commenters chiming in to say that this walk cannot be done.  I doubt if any of the people commenting ever walk anywhere as I have yet to see a place I cannot walk to, Its just that some places are harder than others, (like walking across the runway at Sibulan airport, you have to get in the guard's good books and wait until there are no planes coming).

Anyway, back to the Nichols Train Station near terminal 3, is the entrance easily accessible by taxi from the airport?  It is surely cheaper to do that than to take a taxi to Alabang.

EDIT 2:  Google says it can be done.  They even have a walking map to tell me how.  I am very tempted to do this, but still waiting to hear from anyone else who has tried.

attachicon.gifWalking route.png

I have arrived many times at NAIA Terminal 3 and needed to get across the road to the Remington Hotel. If I could have walked it safely I would have but there is no easy route to walk away from Terminal 3 and cross that road.

There is a free shuttle every hour from Terminal 3 to the Remington Hotel which gets you across the road. You might consider for a few minutes staying at the hotel, then use the airport shuttle. 

• Like 4