Pasalubong!

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey all,

Next week I'm headed back to the states for a little while. I'm looking for some small gifts etc to bring back.

I've already picked up some various local candy but what else can I pick up that would be good gifts?

Thanks,

I don't think this is worthy of a new thread so I'll ask here. Has anyone flown Asiana through Seoul to JFK on the A380?

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Chocolate...................................you can never go wrong :thumbsup:  

Asiana from Seoul to LAX a couple of times. Loved it.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Chocolate...................................you can never go wrong :thumbsup:

Asiana from Seoul to LAX a couple of times. Loved it.

True but there is plenty of real chocolate in the USA. Much of the "chocolate" here is coconut oil and food coloring. lol I'm not sure I want to bring them that.

Actually i would like to find some of those spoons that have a city or something on them. I'm not sure if I can get those here. I just want some things that really say Philippines. :)

I'm going to be flying out next week on the A380. Sounds great except for the 17 hour layover in Seoul.

I needed to find a flight though that left Manila at an early time but also arrives at JFK at an early time.

Edited by Richieboy67

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

Next week I'm headed back to the states for a little while. I'm looking for some small gifts etc to bring back.

I've already picked up some various local candy but what else can I pick up that would be good gifts?

Thanks,

I don't think this is worthy of a new thread so I'll ask here. Has anyone flown Asiana through Seoul to JFK on the A380?

Flashlights, batteries, watches, perfume, vitamins, toiletries, more candy -- available in most dollar or thrift stores. 

Have not travelled on Asiana but I heard their prices are pretty reasonable, even though their layovers may be longer.  But their A380 looks magnificent!  post-686-0-47049700-1447741341_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Ah, my bad, thought you were talking about pasalubong on the way back :1 (103):

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I should have explained it better.

I'm looking for gifts to bring to my family in the USA from here. :)

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

Thanks,

Flashlights, batteries, watches, perfume, vitamins, toiletries, more candy -- available in most dollar or thrift stores.

Have not travelled on Asiana but I heard their prices are pretty reasonable, even though their layovers may be longer. But their A380 looks magnificent! attachicon.gifAsiana A380.jpg

I got a one way ticket for under $700 so definitely a pretty good price. I've always wanted to fly on the A380. I requested an upstairs seat next to the window. 14 hour flight though after a 17 hour layover.. Then once I get to NYC I have to take 3 buses and a train.

I'm going to be one cranky old bastard after all of that.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Oops, my bad too.  Well, let's see......fermented fish guts sauce, a dozen baluts, pilipino plip-plops, phallus woodwork (ashtrays, man in a barrel), a couple virgins.

• Like 5

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Oops, my bad too. Well, let's see......fermented fish guts sauce, a dozen baluts, pilipino plip-plops, phallus woodwork (ashtrays, man in a barrel), a couple virgins.
I think I'll sing kerioki for them and bring back some live chickens for their yards. :)
  • Like 4

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

a couple virgins.

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 4