Homes In Philippines Commonly Lack Addresses How To Find Someone?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It's not uncommon a home in Philippines will lack an address. How do you find a place or send mail without an address? I don't think Google Earth is gonna help. :89:

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

It's not uncommon a home in Philippines will lack an address. How do you find a place or send mail without an address? I don't think Google Earth is gonna help. :89:

This very topic I could speak to for days. Makes me crazy trying to find house address with the ambulance in Cebu. The amount of times we have to stop and speak to locals in regards to finding the sick person is unreal. Too bad we don't have the system they have in Davao.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Odd you start this 'Old' We had a conversation only last Month on it at a meet I had with some friends.

I asked our Postman this question and he said OH! as long as we know the Family name, the Purok or Sub-division and the Barangay we will find you. Many Roads don't have names so we go on the name P/SD/Baringays get those on the letter or whatever and we will find you.

Jack :no:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Not that Long ago, we went to a B/day Party in the next Town, neither of us were 100% sure exactly where the house was so, as they do, my Wife said to a local after we had found the general area, Oh so & so from Thingy, it's is Birthday, Bingo! had the exact location in seconds.

Moral here:  We should never, underestimate the power of the Local Knowledge. They Know, who we are, almost as well as they know their own. I doubt much mail gets lost. :thumbsup:

Jack  :tiphat:

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Moral here: We should never, underestimate the power of the Local Knowledge. They Know, who we are, almost as well as they know their own.
That's an ADVANTAGE with the tsismis :lol:
  • Like 2