Finding The Right Filipina Part 2

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

ahh-I edited my comment, Jake...to see the actual category (maroon highlight). Ya know, :89: maybe with a printer, a 3 hole punch, a binder, and a little white out here and there and credit the boss as the author..I can throw together an internet book/blog-like a side bar sort of-hmmm-naw.....it's good where it is. Vince has GOT this...more!-more!

Edited by Hey Steve
  • Like 2

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

It's not like I haven't tested online dating in the Philippines, briefly. I put up a profile on Date in Asia -- a lengthy one, repeatedly saying 'read the whole profile before contacting me'. Most didn't. I used Central Visayas as my target area. Practically all the women who contacted me were simple, desperate, not in my target area, and not very good in English. I'm a writer, among other things. That matters. Perhaps a paid site would yield better results, but I'm not interested.

My real objection to online is that it is not the same as face-to-face, even if you graduate to video chat. You won't be able to see how she treats cashiers, wait staff at restaurants, etc. Nor will you be able to get local info on her. That's the thing: using my approach, you're going to want to meet local people of all kinds, not just Shapely Adorables. Networking builds your street savvy, along with getting background info on who's who in the area.

Most importantly, I intend to retire to the Philippines. I'm not for importing a bride, no matter how great the vintage is. My relationship will have to work there, not here. Here sucks! It's a matter of perspective:

post-5148-0-34947800-1447967970_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

It's not like I haven't tested online dating in the Philippines, briefly. I put up a profile on Date in Asia -- a lengthy one, repeatedly saying 'read the whole profile before contacting me'. Most didn't. I used Central Visayas as my target area. Practically all the women who contacted me were simple, desperate, not in my target area, and not very good in English. I'm a writer, among other things. That matters. Perhaps a paid site would yield better results, but I'm not interested.

My real objection to online is that it is not the same as face-to-face, even if you graduate to video chat. You won't be able to see how she treats cashiers, wait staff at restaurants, etc. Nor will you be able to get local info on her. That's the thing: using my approach, you're going to want to meet local people of all kinds, not just Shapely Adorables. Networking builds your street savvy, along with getting background info on who's who in the area.

Most importantly, I intend to retire to the Philippines. I'm not for importing a bride, no matter how great the vintage is. My relationship will have to work there, not here. Here sucks! It's a matter of perspective:

I must admit I did try your approach, I dated lots and lots of pinay, and even had a few serious relationships. However, at the end of the day, what worked for "me", was finding a loving pinay whose english was almost better than mine, :)....was eductaed with a university degree, and was already supporting herself with a good job.

• Like 3

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

Actually the book is already out there, Vince (80 topics and over 1700 comments) Internet Dating..right here on this forum-an entire section devoted to this way to meet a Filipina-, lending to the critical role this activity plays in "Finding the Right Filipina".

In fact, I've been there. Posted there:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/22229-its-not-necessary-to-meet-people-online/page-2#entry151067

Those same observations I posted there apply here.

• Like 1

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

I must admit I did try your approach, I dated lots and lots of pinay, and even had a few serious relationships. However, at the end of the day, what worked for "me", was finding a loving pinay whose english was almost better than mine, :)....was [educated] with a university degree, and was already supporting herself with a good job.

That proves my point: take your time. Time and again, one reads the refrain, "The longer you're there, the better the chance of meeting a really good one!" BTW, does she have a pretty sister with a degree and a career?!

post-5148-0-61152100-1447969471_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I must admit I did try your approach, I dated lots and lots of pinay, and even had a few serious relationships. However, at the end of the day, what worked for "me", was finding a loving pinay whose english was almost better than mine, :)....was [educated] with a university degree, and was already supporting herself with a good job.

That proves my point: take your time. Time and again, one reads the refrain, "The longer you're there, the better the chance of meeting a really good one!" BTW, does she have a pretty sister with a degree and a career?!

Sorry Vince, no pretty sisters...just me and my dumb luck meeting this angel :)

post-3353-0-08322300-1447970113_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

Sorry Vince, no pretty sisters...just me and my dumb luck meeting this angel :)

Never underestimate dumb luck. However, you dated a lot. You said, "No", a lot. You waited for the right one. Therefore, what I suggest as a strategy can work wonders, Q. E. D.

• Like 1

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

My final comment is that what you write has considerable information for many on and coming on this site - but life is not a mathematical equation and there is considerable emotion involved. A combination of the two is the best recipe.

Yes, it is. However, you don't get dessert until you eat all your vegetables!

post-5148-0-43380600-1447979437_thumb.jp

• Like 1