Finding The Right Filipina Part 2

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

I'm still mulling over the format for Part 3. I want your suggestions, and will try to compile them into lists. Oh, yeah, and I'll give some space for Online stuff. Just because I don't want to use it doesn't mean it isn't useful.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Yes, money matters, but that can't be the foundation of lasting satisfaction. How much and how often are you willing to give your attention, care, respect, and intelligence to supporting her?
Plus if she want humour.
For instance I have a teacher friend, she would love to marry a foreign guy from USA or Australia, settle down, get married, and have kids. She is now 29 now, I think she thinks her shelf life is up
Yes. Some Filipinas start thinking they are to old allready at 26.

My expected future wife is close to 30. When my move were postponed by slow healing of my injury, she didn't dare to wait anymore and married a foreign alcoholic, who have beaten her BEFORE the marriage...

So now I'm at the Market again   :)     Perhaps it will be the Filipina, who I have known longest, she is free, because she is widow now. Or perhaps it will be an other I got to know a long time ago, who contacted me again after a long break.  Earlier I found her to young, but now she start to become old enough  :mocking:   (25).

I'm thinking of breaking it down into up front, short term, and long term. Up Front Example: if you insist she must be fluent in English, you ask a girl you just met, "Do penguins have knees?" If she looks confused, NEXT!

Of course, if the reason she looks confused is because she thinks you're an idiot, that's different...

Back when I were teenager and it was hard to judge people by the dance places were to dark to see small details, I had a some similar method. Not to check English knowledge, but to test cleverness AND humour in ONE question, I asked something the clever ones understood was impossible. Some found me being an idiot, but them with BOTH cleverness and humour found it funny  :)

• Like 1

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

Yes. Some Filipinas start thinking they are to old allready at 26. My expected future wife is close to 30. When my move were postponed by slow healing of my injury, she didn't dare to wait anymore and married a foreign alcoholic, who have beaten her BEFORE the marriage... So now I'm at the Market again :) Perhaps it will be the Filipina, who I have known longest, she is free, because she is widow now. Or perhaps it will be an other I got to know a long time ago, who contacted me again after a long break. Earlier I found her to young, but now she start to become old enough :mocking: (25).

The whole issue of 'shelf life', when it comes to a woman's age, can create desperation. I strongly suggest that guys avoid giving a young woman ANY encouragement until you are sure she's the one for you. If she's not, she needs to move on with someone else.

• Like 1

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted
I'm thinking of breaking it down into up front, short term, and long term. Up Front Example: if you insist she must be fluent in English, you ask a girl you just met, "Do penguins have knees?" If she looks confused, NEXT!

Of course, if the reason she looks confused is because she thinks you're an idiot, that's different...

11767800513_6f4115f2c1_o.jpg

Back when I were teenager and it was hard to judge people by the dance places were to dark to see small details, I had a some similar method. Not to check English knowledge, but to test cleverness AND humour in ONE question, I asked something the clever ones understood was impossible. Some found me being an idiot, but them with BOTH cleverness and humour found it funny :)

You're going to need experience doing this stuff, whether it's on the ground or online. If you just jump in, winging it, with no plan, you might get lucky. Don't count on it! You'll need a strategy...

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Back when I were teenager and it was hard to judge people by the dance places were to dark to see small details, I had a some similar method. Not to check English knowledge, but to test cleverness AND humour in ONE question, I asked something the clever ones understood was impossible. Some found me being an idiot, but them with BOTH cleverness and humour found it funny :)

You're going to need experience doing this stuff, whether it's on the ground or online. If you just jump in, winging it, with no plan, you might get lucky. Don't count on it! You'll need a strategy...

I don't wing things. Some say I think to much   :mocking:   

for instance concerning who can suit who in relations. (I have written a book related to the subject.)

(Back in teenage I had some such questions and actions prepared for different situations, but I don't elaborate about that subject!!   :lol:  because most of it is off topic about other types of situations. I don't remember any of the prepared clever-humour test questions exactly anyway.)

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

(Back in teenage I had some such questions and actions prepared for different situations, but I don't elaborate about that subject!! :lol: because most of it is off topic about other types of situations. I don't remember any of the prepared clever-humour test questions exactly anyway.)

Yeah, those are tactics. Strategic thinking means planning for the long term, not the right 'pickup line'.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

(Back in teenage I had some such questions and actions prepared for different situations, but I don't elaborate about that subject!! :lol: because most of it is off topic about other types of situations. I don't remember any of the prepared clever-humour test questions exactly anyway.)

Yeah, those are tactics. Strategic thinking means planning for the long term, not the right 'pickup line'.

Well. It wasn't ment as pickup line, it was a tactic being a STEP in a long strategy   :)    

(=The tactic clever-humour question was a step of the strategy finding who can suit as long time partner, because by that can person without enough cleverness and humour be skiped fast, so there will be more time left to check OTHER people to see if any of them can suit long time.)

An other useful "trick" to speed up checking who have chance to suit  - if having capacity to judge people by look/body language*  - is check a perhaps interesting woman, when she talk to FEMALE FRIENDS only.  When there are males close, many females put on a mask to hide their bad sides   :mocking:

*I'm rather good at that, except I'm bad at judging people with glasses, because glasses change the eyes, which tell a big part of the personality.

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK, people, there are experts here - help me with this one!

I don't want to change the Filipina that I have got. However...

K remarked, pointedly, some months ago, when she was still 8,000 miles away, that in four years and some months I had never taken her to dinner "a deux" - always in the company of friends (or, worse, the kids!) :rolleyes:

Three weeks ago K and her son arrived in the UK.

Needless to say she is in Filipina overdrive, cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing (no blonde hairs on the sofa...) :)  

So... I booked a table at a nearby country house hotel, where the dining room has recently been refurbished and the chef has a good reputation, for tomorrow night...

Here's the little problem - what does one say? It is said that no man is a hero to his valet and it is just as difficult to appear romantic to a woman who has just ironed your shirts... and who has been wearing your engagement ring since September 2012...

Advice from the experts very welcome!

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 1

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted (edited)

Try these three steps:

1. During dinner, wait for a pause in the conversation.
  2. Say, "I know there are so many things we could talk about right now, but I want to know something. If I were to ask you, 'What's important to you, right now?', what might you say?" SHUT UP and listen.
  3. Listen to her answer, and repeat back the key points, in the order she said them.

This is an amazing way to deepen rapport. By giving her permission to answer you any way she likes (If I were to ask you, 'What's important to you, right now', what might you say?), she can just speak her mind. By waiting until she finishes, and summarizing what she said, you send the message that you know and understand her.

Enjoy dessert!

post-5148-0-32020100-1448637032_thumb.jp

Edited by Vince Runza
  • Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Thanks!