Where To Buy A Bread Maker

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Basic bread ingredients: 3 cups flour, 1 cup water, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon yeast, 1 tablespoon sugar.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Yes sir I thought of that but as you know the BOC charges an arm and leg to get anything from out of the Phils plus you pay VAT on even the shipping cost

Well not sure but if I recall correctly Mike B had some big items shipped from the US without breaking the bank.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine here in Dumaguete had a Bread and a Pizza oven made by his welder, apart from No thermostats I don't think it would be Brain Surgery.

Just saying.

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Icebear
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm just looking for bread makers as well. You can find a good European quality of Severin Bread Makers at Anson's Philippines. They cost less than 6,000 php and the quality is much higher than these no name ones. You can order online and pay by credit card or cash on delivery. I will do his also.

If I find other options at my research, I'll let you know. I wouldn't buy them from a private person at OLX, they tell you never the truth about the condition and it's 2nd hand. Not the best option to use 2nd hand kitchen appliances to prepare food.

Have a good day,

Icebear

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well I have some great news .... I'm sitting here looking at my brand spanking new Breville BBM-600 which we just picked up in SM ..... now I know I told you we checked there and they didn't have any .... BUT .... we were checking the small home appliance section on the 3rd floor and they had a ton of Breville kitchen appliances .... instead we found it on the ground floor in the Major Appliance section ..... who would have thunk ???????????? ..... I mean right next to the washers and dryers .... tv's .... stereos etc ..... but the important thing is we got one and they only have 1 left .... but he did say they ordered more .....

See there you jolly ol' fellow ..... I am trying to help out the Aussie economy ..... (for those that don't know Breville is an Aussie co. founded about 1935) .... right around the year the jolly was born ..... :tiphat: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Thanks to all that had input into my topic ..... it was much appreciated .....  :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well I have some great news .... I'm sitting here looking at my brand spanking new Breville BBM-600 which we just picked up in SM ..... now I know I told you we checked there and they didn't have any .... BUT .... we were checking the small home appliance section on the 3rd floor and they had a ton of Breville kitchen appliances .... instead we found it on the ground floor in the Major Appliance section ..... who would have thunk ???????????? ..... I mean right next to the washers and dryers .... tv's .... stereos etc ..... but the important thing is we got one and they only have 1 left .... but he did say they ordered more .....

See there you jolly ol' fellow ..... I am trying to help out the Aussie economy ..... (for those that don't know Breville is an Aussie co. founded about 1935) .... right around the year the jolly was born ..... :tiphat: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Thanks to all that had input into my topic ..... it was much appreciated .....  :thumbsup:

Good news Mike, see you can count on the Aussie's when needed, did you happen to source the ingredients for making the bread, oh and what was the price?

P S what is the weight factor for bread maker

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
See there you jolly ol' fellow ..... I am trying to help out the Aussie economy ..... (for those that don't know Breville is an Aussie co. founded about 1935) .... right around the year the jolly was born .....

They have Breville Philippines, if you need service its in Manila and also you can register the product on the PH site, https://www.breville.com.ph/repair-concerns-service-center

1935, nah I was born a year later.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey Chris ..... the bread maker cost p12,500 but we got it discounted to p8,990 ..... and looks to be about 18lbs. ...... had to weight it on our bathroom scale (and it lie's as it keeps telling me I'm over weight ....  :hystery: ) ..... we found Bob's Red Mill flours in Ayala grocery store along with dried cranberries and other additives .... yeast .... powdered milk ... oil .... salt ... sugar and all-purpose flour can be found in SM grocery .... so it kinda looks like making bread is a doable thing ..... they also had rye flour and a few other kinds but no wheat in Ayala .... 

We also received a starter kit for SM with bread flour .... yeast ... muffin flour measuring cups and spoons (not high end ... plastic but free) and a nice top locking container to keep all the stuff in .... 

Going to make my first loaf tomorrow and I'll take some pictures ..... if you open your door tomorrow and smell fresh bread it will be mine .....  :mocking:  :hystery: 

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

See there you jolly ol' fellow ..... I am trying to help out the Aussie economy ..... (for those that don't know Breville is an Aussie co. founded about 1935) .... right around the year the jolly was born .....

They have Breville Philippines, if you need service its in Manila and also you can register the product on the PH site, https://www.breville.com.ph/repair-concerns-service-center

1935, nah I was born a year later.   :thumbsup:

Thank you kind sir but I sent them an email to both email address when I started looking for the bread maker ..... first one came back saying there was no one there at that address and the second one went unanswered which I thought was strange as it is labeled as SALES ..... so I don't know how you are going to get prior authorization to send your unit in to be repaired .... only bad thing I have heard about this units is that the plastic paddle (bread mixer paddle) will break ..... but they do also have a folding metal one included .... the plastic one doesn't fold .... it folds to keep from leaving a hole in the bottom of the loaf when you take it out after baking .... :thumbsup: