Where To Buy A Bread Maker

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Can the pre-mix be ordered on-line from anywhere?

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Basic bread ingredients: 3 cups flour, 1 cup water, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon yeast, 1 tablespoon sugar.

Plus 2 tbsp oil or shortening. 1 tbsp of powdered milk is nice too.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well we haven't found any pre-mix on-line anywhere but buying the ingredients and adding them to the bread maker is a snap and takes about 10mins .... just a tip .... use flour that has at least 12-13% protein in it other wise your bread will come out like crap ... (before you eat it) ..... we have only found SM Bonus All Purpose Flour to be 13% ..... almost all others are 4% ..... the reason is because you need gluten to hold the bread together (that's the protein) ..... if you can find gluten you can use any old flour just add some gluten to it ...... we can't find gluten here so I'm sure glad we found the SM Bonus Flour ..... here is a pic using Bonus Flour ..... 

post-11-0-41468000-1450660481_thumb.jpg

This model bread maker has a fruit and nut dispenser so next time we are going to try cranberry/raisin bread ..... there are a ton of info on the web as to how and what ingredients to use ..... we only make the small loaf as there is just the 2 of us and because it has no preservatives it will spoil faster ..... however we have kept it for a week with no problem ..... bon apeitit

:merrychristmas:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
we only make the small loaf as there is just the 2 of us and because it has no preservatives it will spoil faster ..

I slice mine after it cools, keep out 4 slices and freeze the rest to be used as toast. Both ends makes good garlic bread.

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

JPBAGO, Mike S,

Thanks, appreciate it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
roddavis
Posted
Posted

Here in Cebu, found the Breville bread maker at Ace Hardware, and at SM appliance (SM Mall) Cebu city. Bought the Breville at Ace hardware. Now make all my breads with the Bread Maker. Great French Bread! , Now even makes jams. Made my own pineapple, then bananna jam. Yum! All in the receipe book comes with the bread maker. Now finding the flour. Found at some rice distributers. Got 50Kilos premium flour(best for breads) for about P800. For me lasts 6-8 months.  Rod

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Well I have some great news .... I'm sitting here looking at my brand spanking new Breville BBM-600 which we just picked up in SM ..... now I know I told you we checked there and they didn't have any .... BUT .... we were checking the small home appliance section on the 3rd floor and they had a ton of Breville kitchen appliances .... instead we found it on the ground floor in the Major Appliance section ..... who would have thunk ???????????? ..... I mean right next to the washers and dryers .... tv's .... stereos etc ..... but the important thing is we got one and they only have 1 left .... but he did say they ordered more .....

See there you jolly ol' fellow ..... I am trying to help out the Aussie economy ..... (for those that don't know Breville is an Aussie co. founded about 1935) .... right around the year the jolly was born ..... :tiphat: :hystery:

Thanks to all that had input into my topic ..... it was much appreciated .....  :thumbsup:

It might be they were going by price and not by size? :1 (103):