Looking For Dual Sim Phone That Is Australian Compatable

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Hi guys, I have been taking 2 phones to Cebu for several years now. Quite frankly it is a pain in the butt. Does anyone know of a dual sim phone that will take both my Australian Telstra sim and work in Australia, and also take my TM sim from Cebu and work when I am in PI.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

IF your in Aus I would search on http://www.uniquemobiles.com.au/as they seem to have good prices from past experience. 

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

IF your in Aus I would search on http://www.uniquemobiles.com.au/as they seem to have good prices from past experience. 

cheers

Ynot
Posted
Posted

i have a samsung Galaxy y GT s6102, its a dual sim card phone and easy to switch between sims, takes all of a nano second. Keep your philippines sim in one sim slot and your Aussie in the other, however depending on whether your aussie sim or philippines sim has international roamin on it will determine if it will work when out of the respective country.  But when you are in the Philis at least one of the two sims will work without having to take out and one replace it with the other.  And there is the issue of depending on how long you are out of the country before you lose the nubmber as the teleco reissues the number to someone else because it is dormant. 

• Like 3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

i have a samsung Galaxy y GT s6102, its a dual sim card phone and easy to switch between sims, takes all of a nano second. Keep your philippines sim in one sim slot and your Aussie in the other, however depending on whether your aussie sim or philippines sim has international roamin on it will determine if it will work when out of the respective country.  But when you are in the Philis at least one of the two sims will work without having to take out and one replace it with the other.  And there is the issue of depending on how long you are out of the country before you lose the nubmber as the teleco reissues the number to someone else because it is dormant. 

Awesome...where did you buy your Galaxy GT s6102?

Ynot
Posted
Posted

Im in Australia so bought it at JB Hi Fi, but you can probably buy them through the internet,

• Like 2

Lou49
Posted
Posted

I have a Samsung DUOS GT-7582 that I bought in Cebu for about 8,000p. It works in Canada on 1 of 3 of my local service providers. Very decent phone.

• Like 2

Lou49
Posted
Posted

The PI sim will go dormant i think 90 days after the load expires. I keep mine active by reloading the sim card at My Pinoy Load.com. I do it online via paypal, never had any problems. And its cheap too.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

The PI sim will go dormant i think 90 days after the load expires. I keep mine active by reloading the sim card at My Pinoy Load.com. I do it online via paypal, never had any problems. And its cheap too.

Thanks Lou, that is what I have been doing for several years as well, so I don't have to keep changing PI numbers.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Try Lazada they many different phones maybe you will find what you want there

• Like 2