Another Air Con Topic

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

There are just too many circuit boards to burn up.

That was what the local aircon repairman told me.  He said I should get a non-inverter type next time because the power in Philippines fries the circuit board (as it did for me not long ago)  But I must be a spoiled foreigner because I still like the quiet, efficient, cool operation of a split type inverter unit.  Perhaps I should just get some kind of external capacitor to level out the current getting to the aircon?  Can that be done?  

Our power here on the base is much better than average, so that aspect does not worry me too much.  I do wonder how that type of failure is handled in the warranty??

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Another Air Con Topic

I had the Airport Coning in mind when I read that, so I didn't read it "Aircon", I though it was an other Airport Scam  :lol:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Another question.  I often see those big tall air handlers in businesses and I have seen them in some homes too.  What are the advantages of those, vs. the small AH in a typical split?  I assume they have a larger outdoor unit too.

Edited by OnMyWay

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Another question.  I often see those big tall air handlers in businesses and I have seen them in some homes too.  What are the advantages of those, vs. the small AH in a typical split?  I assume they have a larger outdoor unit too.

According to my Electrician it is Load and Condenser Spreading for multiple Units, I can only guess that this is to ensure no one of the fan units are overworked but.................... knowing how hot they can get I can understand this. They are all automatic so I guess they sort themselves out.   :)

Jack  :thumbsup:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have seen those tall units at Jollibees and the banks.  So many businesses have them so I suspect they are cheap.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have seen those tall units at Jollibees and the banks.  So many businesses have them so I suspect they are cheap.

Yes, hotel lobby's too.  We visited a house here on the base that is probably worth p20 mil.  They had a large open living area with lots of floor to ceiling windows.  They had two of these in opposite corners of the room.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

How do I get an air con engineer to look at my house?  Is that something a reputable air con company will supply as a service, if you buy from them?  

What if you are buying from a retailer such as Abenson?  I'm thinking that although a retailer like Abenson might give a better price, the service would be better with a dedicated air con outfit.  Thoughts?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

According to my Electrician it is Load and Condenser Spreading for multiple Units, I can only guess that this is to ensure no one of the fan units are overworked but.................... knowing how hot they can get I can understand this. They are all automatic so I guess they sort themselves out.   :)

post-2148-0-15409800-1448240349.jpg Sorry I got on the wrong track there, Monday and all that post-2148-0-13064900-1448240400_thumb.jp

yeah Ok I got you now, Yes Apparantly there are Cheap but a friend of mine has one and when we went to have a look at it in detail it was Powerful but he said it was very expensive to run and if you have ever been to close to one it is not user friendly

Sorry guys I got on the wrong track. You mean this type. Yes?  post-2148-0-81783500-1448240685_thumb.jp

OK I'm on my way out ( Ooops sorry about the Pun)

post-2148-0-27286100-1448240729.jpg  must read properly before I send 

jack :unsure:

ps no there is no Out side Unit it is all self Contained. That's why they can be noisy at times.

Edited to add ps. 

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifOooops.jpg Sorry I got on the wrong track there, Monday and all that attachicon.gifembarrased man.jpg

yeah Ok I got you now, Yes Apparantly there are Cheap but a friend of mine has one and when we went to have a look at it in detail it was Powerful but he said it was very expensive to run and if you have ever been to close to one it is not user friendly

Sorry guys I got on the wrong track. You mean this type. Yes?  attachicon.gifA.c Jollybee.jpg

OK I'm on my way out ( Ooops sorry about the Pun)

attachicon.gifclose the door.jpg  must read properly before I send 

jack :unsure:

ps no there is no Out side Unit it is all self Contained. That's why they can be noisy at times.

Edited to add ps. 

Ahh, I see.  Maybe they have a big reservoir that has to be emptied?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Ahh, I see.  Maybe they have a big reservoir that has to be emptied?

I believe they Do. I seem to Remember when my friend had his Stroke his Wife did not know and when she came home from the hospital one day she had a little flood to clean up.

Jack  :)