Another Air Con Topic

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Ahh, I see.  Maybe they have a big reservoir that has to be emptied?

When I looked at getting one years ago, the installer said he would have to put a hole through the wall.  Perhaps it was for the draining, or perhaps it was to blow out the hot air, or both.  I decided against it so never found out.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I suppouse this can be thought of similar to how it's possible to use ONE inside unit to HEAT several rooms.

Heated/chilled air from ONE inside unit can be used for several rooms IF

A/ the floor plan let air circulate between the space wanted to get effect in by it's open

B/ OR have ventilation BETWEEN the rooms. If they are placed in strategic spots the air circulate good by the move the one unit make, otherwice there need to be fans in the vents. By fans and vent pipes it's even possible to use it for space elsewhere.

(I have the type A solution in my house, one is enough for a 2 room and kitchen, plus some to a hallway. The rest of the house don't suit to have type A solution, I haven't done anything there.)

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

I purchased a 3hp split type aircon with solar assist. Just delivered today. Will be installed tomorrow. Supposed to save up to 35% on electric cost. I really won't know because I have nothing to compare. My electric gets read tomorrow as well, so I'll let you know in a month what it costs to run

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I purchased a 3hp split type aircon with solar assist. Just delivered today. Will be installed tomorrow. Supposed to save up to 35% on electric cost. I really won't know because I have nothing to compare. My electric gets read tomorrow as well, so I'll let you know in a month what it costs to run

Can you share more about it?  Brand, model, etc.?  What type of room and the size?  You can PM me if you don't want share it on the open forum.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
You can PM me if you don't want share it on the open forum.

Me Too Please.  It sounds interesting.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Come on Guys this is Interesting to all.  :thumbsup:  lets Share and be informed then we will  all be happy Ron EH?

Jack :)

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Come on Guys this is Interesting to all.  :thumbsup:  lets Share and be informed then we will  all be happy Ron EH?

I would guess he is out there keeping an eye on the installation right now!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I would guess he is out there keeping an eye on the installation right now!

post-2148-0-97836000-1448417181_thumb.pn Aye! watching those corners don't get cut  :unsure:

Still soon be Snack time 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Passing along advice from Bruce, our inactive member and air con expert in Florida.  Quote:

If you are installing new, buy a good surge protector for the house AND...... this will confound your electrician there, but...... make sure he (watch him do it) ties 5+ tight knots, one after the other in each line for each AC.

Electricity has known properties and a spike has trouble getting past knots. Each progressive knot drops the spike voltage. But there is no trouble with 230 getting through the knots. Same for your TV cords... 5+ knots stops most spikes.    
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Passing along advice from Bruce, our inactive member and air con expert in Florida.  Quote:

If you are installing new, buy a good surge protector for the house AND...... this will confound your electrician there, but...... make sure he (watch him do it) ties 5+ tight knots, one after the other in each line for each AC.

Electricity has known properties and a spike has trouble getting past knots. Each progressive knot drops the spike voltage. But there is no trouble with 230 getting through the knots. Same for your TV cords... 5+ knots stops most spikes.    

Well there is something that answers things for me. They weren't knots but little devices in the cabling So that answers that.

Also worth mentioning is that all 3 of my Units has a Separate Circuit Breaker each just to the left or  right of the units.( depending where the power cable came from the Roof eaves) level with the Units. Seems I may have had a decent installer, Fingers crossed for you Ron :thumbsup: