Another Air Con Topic

jpbago
Posted
Posted

buy a small AC unit in Iloilo.

Small portable air con units are available at every SM appliance center and ACE hardware I have ever been into. I am sure your lady will enjoy a trip to the mall :thumbsup:

As soon as you enter the store, ask a sales person to show you the a/cs. Hold your wife by the hand and do not let her walk around.

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Are the portable ones much more expensive then the window ones? The bedroom is only prob like 6 sq meters - so really tiny room.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

buy a small AC unit in Iloilo.

Small portable air con units are available at every SM appliance center and ACE hardware I have ever been into. I am sure your lady will enjoy a trip to the mall :thumbsup:

As soon as you enter the store, ask a sales person to show you the a/cs. Hold your wife by the hand and do not let her walk around.

I dont need to hold her hand. She follows my lead haha. Shes used to the humid weather and doesn't care about AC. I do. I know i cant sleep well without one. Spent 3 weeks there last year without aircon and im sure the under 10k peso investment for this 6+ month stay will pay off the first night haha.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Are the portable ones much more expensive then the window ones?

They have both types there, especially at SM appliance centers that's where we bought our split type for our house, so you will be able to compare the prices.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Are the portable ones much more expensive then the window ones? The bedroom is only prob like 6 sq meters - so really tiny room.

I would say yes. The problem with portable is that you might find it gets moved to other parts of the house where it may not perform well. Too big of an area etc. For a 6 sqm room a window ac would be plenty at half the cost. 

http://www.cebuappliancecenter.com/product/crowne-1-5-hp-portable-aircon-with-wireless-remote-control/

• 1 month later...
Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the help guys. Ended up buying a window type AC. The little 0.5kw is more then enough for the tiny room. I went to a few shops in Iloilo before i bought it. I would reccommend appliance stores other then SM and Robinsons - prices were cheaper and they actually had makes that i recognized. I bought my Sharp unit for 500pesos less then the cheapest noname unit in SM food shop "the poor mans SM Appliance shop".

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I bought my Sharp unit for 500pesos less then the cheapest noname unit in SM food shop "the poor mans SM Appliance shop".

I'm curious whether shopping around gives a better price than just buying through Lazada and having it delivered.  did you do better than the 7,000 pesos for the cheapest similar unit at Lazada?

http://www.lazada.com.ph/eureka-ewa-06hp-window-type-air-conditioner-white-with-free-iwalk-ubs10400-10400mah-powerbank-black-2384039.html

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

I bought my Sharp unit for 500pesos less then the cheapest noname unit in SM food shop "the poor mans SM Appliance shop".

I'm curious whether shopping around gives a better price than just buying through Lazada and having it delivered.  did you do better than the 7,000 pesos for the cheapest similar unit at Lazada?

http://www.lazada.com.ph/eureka-ewa-06hp-window-type-air-conditioner-white-with-free-iwalk-ubs10400-10400mah-powerbank-black-2384039.html

Mine was 7k aswell. I went to a few places in downtown Iloilo. Gave me something to do for half a day i guess :D.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I went to Lazada and it appears they only have one dealer there with the split brands I am looking for.  For the Panasonic, the price was the same as Abenson, and I assume more for shipping, then installation.  For Daikin, I have not found one locally to price.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

For anyone here in Davao?  If you want a decent used model, try Mr Rub...  You can find some samples on OLX.

I bought a used refrigerator from these guys.  the shell and inside were like new.  the cooling hardware in the back:?  all new!  cheaper than buying one from private sellers online.  they only deal in refrigerators and air conditioners as this is what they are experts at.  and their service is really good too.  not only was it delivered the afternoon i bought it (with 2 hours) but there was a small leak in the coolant.  repaired the next morning.  and, yes, depending on the models, you will get a 1 to  (on almost all now) 3 month warranty.  if anything is going to break?  it will usually be before then.

• Like 3