Balikbayan Boxes

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just sent 3 larges boxes over to the house, lots of pots and pans and and other things, plus gifts for the family too,

They say it could be 6 to 8 weeks before they get there , i thought longer ,

So do you lot who are there still get boxes from your old home, from family and if so do you send a list of things that you would like

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Just sent 3 larges boxes over to the house, lots of pots and pans and and other things, plus gifts for the family too,

They say it could be 6 to 8 weeks before they get there , i thought longer ,

So do you lot who are there still get boxes from your old home, from family and if so do you send a list of things that you would like

I send mine often from Darwin, at $170 AUD per box. Not so much personal effects these days, more donated emergency equipment for my guys.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Hi MIke,

$170 - how many kgs?

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

6-8 weeks this close to christmas?  I doubt it will be that fast....

I had an 11 box shipment when i moved here (shipped in February) they all arrived together in under a month.  I was totally shocked.

The next time was one box (shipped in September) it took 3 months.

There are 2 boxes on the way now (shipped in September) last we heard was they were in Manila - almost a month ago. Still waiting for them.

For this current shipment I turned my wife loose on Target & Wal-Mart websites. She ordered all kinds of stuff and we had it shipped to my sisters house.  My family said they added a bunch of stuff to it...  We did not really ask for anything, just ordered what we wanted. Since we can find almost everything we need here the BB boxes are more for fun than need.  :tiphat:

• Like 5

Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

It is almost always 7 to 8 weeks from Toronto to Luzon. Only once in 5 years has it taken longer. We normally ship boxes 2 to 3 times per year. The price has recently increased to $75 Canadian unlimited weight for a 24" square box. We shipped 8 boxes last weekend as we will arrive in January.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

It is almost always 7 to 8 weeks from Toronto to Luzon. Only once in 5 years has it taken longer. We normally ship boxes 2 to 3 times per year. The price has recently increased to $75 Canadian unlimited weight for a 24" square box. We shipped 8 boxes last weekend as we will arrive in January.

Who did you use to ship through? I checked the local price from Niagara Falls about 2 1/2 years ago and was told $140 a box. And each box they wanted $20 for... Lol

• Like 1

Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

The last two time we have used AMJ Cambell in Mississauga. I am sure they pick up in Niagara Falls as well.

AMJ Cambell

6140 Vipond Dr, Mississauga, ON L5T 2B2
(905) 670-7111

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Has anyone any information about the other way Round, say PI to UK? need to get 4 boxes back Home 28 kilos in total, 

Not for me but a Brit that died recently, we would like to return some stuff to the family.

Jack :unsure:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Try LBC...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Try LBC...

Done but at 100 pounds per box the Embassy say too much but looking at things here I would have said that is about right.

Seems we can't use any of the UK death Fund money she will get soon and the wife is adamant she wants the Stuff gone but won't pay anything.

• Like 1