Balikbayan Boxes

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Try LBC...

Done but at 100 pounds per box the Embassy say too much but looking at things here I would have said that is about right.

Seems we can't use any of the UK death Fund money she will get soon and the wife is adamant she wants the Stuff gone but won't pay anything.

Lol! Send it COD...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Lol! Send it COD...

"BOB" on this I will pretend I never read this post OK?

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Hi MIke,

$170 - how many kgs?

The prices are quoted for box size so variable. There is no weight limit.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Put it in a bottle Jack and send it with love????

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Just sent 3 larges boxes over to the house, lots of pots and pans and and other things, plus gifts for the family too,

They say it could be 6 to 8 weeks before they get there , i thought longer ,

So do you lot who are there still get boxes from your old home, from family and if so do you send a list of things that you would like

We send ours via a company called Forex near Heathrow. All our shipments take around 8 weeks and progress can be tracked online.

They frequently have promos such as send two boxes, third of same size is free. No weight limit, just volume.

Ken

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Forgot to mention the cost £110 for the 3 boxes all very large boxes too and very very heavy

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I shipped another 7 boxes at $80.00 each. Two of which topped 200 pounds and the rest between 100 and 150. I asked before shipping them about weight and was told no problem as long as it's in the box. My son will ship 8 more after Christmas and I know at least 3 of those are at 200 pounds. Lots of hand tools and power tools, cordless drills and saws. So far everything I have sent has made it fine. Total number of boxes sent 18. After being here a few weeks I see a few things I could have left at home, but the tools are my big bonus. I priced the local tools and quality, not too good or over priced. I spent months scouring the pawn shops and got some great buys on a lot of things. I sent 3 electric guitars and a bass guitar in boxes. I sent amps and misc. music cords and parts of instruments as well. So far so good! That is through Chicago by the way.

• Like 1

jkeenan213
Posted
Posted

Just shipped 6 "MACHO" boxes (18x24x25) @ USD $80 each door to door to sister in Dimiao Bohol.  At least 100 lbs each.  Atlas Shippers East, great folks to work with, threw in 3 additional boxes for future.  On-line tracking.  Can't comment on speed, just sent.  Probably 4 months 'til we get there so no worries.  They will take any box size, even your own, price is based on size.  Double-walled corrugated cardboard reinforced with heavy duty packing tape...a lot.  Big bag (55 gal drum liner) inside box, items in smaller bags inside.  Detailed list for customs.  I think they are only east coast NY/NJ/PA/MD/CT/DE VA.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
Can't comment on speed, just sent

Well right now the boxes will be slowed down by the holidays, for sure.  So they will take quite a bit longer than usual. We just got 2 boxes, from Texas, on Thanksgiving Day.  Took almost 8 weeks.  That is about average for our location.  :tiphat:

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
David B
Posted
Posted
On 11/23/2015 at 7:16 PM, WordsandMusic said:

I sent 3 electric guitars and a bass guitar in boxes. I sent amps and misc. music cords and parts of instruments as well. So far so good! That is through Chicago by the way.

I will need to ship guitars and amps. What is your advice?  Boxes taped together to move as one?  All contained in a larger (wooden) box? I assume yours arrived safely, intact and timely?  What did that cost?