Recommended Hotels, Motels In Manila And Quezon City

BobP
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

I am planning a trip in January or February to check out the Phils and make my future plans. I will be flying out of Atlanta, GA.

I need some suggestions on where to stay for approximately 1 month.  Something cheap but comfortable, clean and safe is all I need.  

For now, just focus on Manila and/or Q City.

1) Do you recommend looking at package deals (including air and hotel) first? 

2) What hotels, motels, etc. do you recommend?

3) How early do I need to secure reservations?

4) Any cost advantage or any other reason for traveling in one month over the other?  I know you have some festivals in Feb, so not sure what effect, if any that will have.

I am meeting someone who will have local knowledge and may or may not be able to suggest good places to stay.

Any other suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you!

BobP

:cheersty:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Something cheap but comfortable

Not to pry, but to be able to actually give you some specifics, can you give us an idea of what you call cheap? What are you willing to spend per night?

• Like 1

BobP
Posted
Posted

Sorry Scott,

I would LIKE to stay as cheap as $20 USD or $30 USD per night.  STOP laughing guys!  

I don't know if that kind of rate is even possible.

If the best I can plan on doing on price is for example $50-$60 USD per night, then I will just have to put that in my budget.

Thank you.

BobP

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just a thought, did you try clicking on the Discounted Hotels banner at the top of the main page ( in red.)

as you go through that after opening and going to manila you will find some Stuff in there, that just may suit.

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Brother, google "sogo hotels" manila. Nationwide chain. Rooms go from 30-40 bucks a night. Depending on your upgrade.

Manila and QC are big cities and they have branches all over. Kind of like the American motel 6.

At least look around the web site and it will give you an idea of what your facing, and we can move on from there. You can get cheaper, but remember you get what you pay for.

• Like 3

Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

Raffles or Shangri-la in Makati are my two favorite hotels while in Manila, I also like Sofitel on the water as it has a great sports bar, pool, spa and the best buffet in all of Asia. 

www.raffles.com/makati

www.shangri-la.com/manila/makatishangrila

www.sofitelmanila.com

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Raffles or Shangri-la in Makati are my two favorite hotels while in Manila, I also like Sofitel on the water as it has a great sports bar, pool, spa and the best buffet in all of Asia. 

www.raffles.com/makati

www.sofitelmanila.com

My sister and bro in law are coming in to stay at Sofitel  and BobP probably realizes those are all 5 Star places and out of the question.

We prefer Sogo which gives you the full 24 hour stay for around $30. AC, hot water and cable TV....rooms can be a bit small but cosy.

I don't rely on a young Filipina for advice on Hotels, but if she is really on the ball she could get you an Apartelle for a month with some discount, but check the location. Sogo branches are well located and you can walk to a lot of nearby places without a taxi.

• Like 3

BobP
Posted
Posted

www.raffles.com/makati

www.sofitelmanila.com

My sister and bro in law are coming in to stay at Sofitel  and BobP probably realizes those are all 5 Star places and out of the question.

We prefer Sogo which gives you the full 24 hour stay for around $30. AC, hot water and cable TV....rooms can be a bit small but cosy.

I don't rely on a young Filipina for advice on Hotels, but if she is really on the ball she could get you an Apartelle for a month with some discount, but check the location. Sogo branches are well located and you can walk to a lot of nearby places without a taxi.

Thank yo so much Chris!

GREAT info! 

BobP

• Like 1

BobP
Posted
Posted

www.raffles.com/makati

www.sofitelmanila.com

Thanks so much Mike!

BobP

• Like 2

BobP
Posted
Posted

Just a thought, did you try clicking on the Discounted Hotels banner at the top of the main page ( in red.)

as you go through that after opening and going to manila you will find some Stuff in there, that just may suit.

Top of the page?  Written in red?

That would be too ez Jack!  hehehe

Thanks so much.  I found the link and will definitely check it out!

BobP

• Like 2