Finding The Right Filipina Part 3: Red Flags

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Excellent post.

I was struck by the things that are not on your list.

"She smokes  and/ or drinks"

"She works or once worked worked in a girlie bar / karaoke lounge"

"She speaks "suspiciously good" English"

"She has a child"

I would not rule a lady out for any of these reasons.

However:

"Up Front" :

She is interested in you before she knows anything much about you (this applies particularly "on line") = economics are the driving force and/or the "ticking of the clock" / fear of being left on the shelf.

"Short term"

Two that I would add  to the "short term" list of red flags are

"She is very close to a male cousin" (that ain't no cousin; that's a husband or boyfriend) 

""She refuses to introduce you to her parents" (what is she hiding?)

"Her place is untidy" (this is rare and suggests drink or drugs) 

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 4

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

I was struck by the things that are not on your list.

"She smokes  and/ or drinks"

"She works or once worked worked in a girlie bar / karaoke lounge"

"She speaks "suspiciously good" English"

"She has a child"

I would not rule a lady out for any of these reasons.

However two that I would add  to the "short term" list of red flags are

"She is very close to a male cousin" (that ain't no cousin; that's a husband or boyfriend) 

""She refuses to introduce you to her parents" (what is she hiding?)

I smoke and occasionally drink.

I was a DJ in a disco, back in the day.

I speak 'suspiciously good' English.

No kids, but I'm open to the idea.

Your Red Flags are excellent!

• Like 4

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

Testing a .TXT file of these Red Flag items:Short-Term-List.txt

Okay, that works. You'll be able to download and print each list, for your convenience. Not yet! More to come...

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Red Flags:

She can absolutely flog anyone at pool.

Her last 'boyfriend' was from ....... (wherever)

She wears topline clothing, gold everywhere and latest cellphone.

• Like 4

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Need Input!

I'll start with a basic list of deal killers, and add to it as you participate. This will mean that, after the editing period for this Original Post is over, I'll add the revised list at the end of this thread (or perhaps in a separate post). For those of you on the ground (or online), your experiences, especially the bad ones, are vital to compiling a useful list of Red Flags that set off alarm bells. They'll be divided up into three categories:

1. Up Front

2. Short Term

3. Long Term

Please Tag your observations with the appropriate category.

Obviously, if you get past Short Term, it becomes much more difficult to end a relationship. Tough. Do it! Keep in mind, a woman is equally entitled to dump you if it turns out you are not what she really wants, at any point in the relationship. Give yourself the same freedom.

Romance vs. Economic Need

It's a sad fact, but many of the women you meet will be in need of some financial help, even if they never ask for it. If she needs it, it will color all her interactions with you. According to everything I've read and heard, most women will not try to soak you. Some will. Many will be willing to put up with a less-than-perfect guy who offers financial security. You need to dig deep and be honest about your own character. If you're looking for a submissive woman, tied to you by your wallet, you're a Red Flag kinda guy!

Up Front

• She wants money for: medical bills, 'load' for her phone, carfare, etc.

• She wants to steer you towards a friend or family member that offers a product or service you might want. She is particularly single-minded in this.

• She immediately wants to take you back to her place for a drink (made by Mickey Finn).

• She has a suspiciously deep voice, muscular build, and aggressive manner. Could be a Ladyboy?

• WoMeN wHo CaPiTaLiZe EvErY oThEr LeTtEr.

• She is interested in you before she knows anything much about you (this applies particularly "on line") = economics are the driving force and/or the "ticking of the clock" / fear of being left on the shelf.

Short Term

• NOW she wants money.

• Now she's planning a wedding. You can't remember her middle name.

• Now she's planning how many kids you both will have. You want none.

• Her family wants money.

• You discover she's married. Run like all the demons of Hell are behind you!

• She is very close to a male cousin (that ain't no cousin; that's a husband or boyfriend)

• She refuses to introduce you to her parents (what is she hiding?)

• Her place is untidy (this is rare and suggests drink or drugs)

• Sudden, unreasoning, and excessive displays of jealousy. Does not count if you gave her a reason to be jealous!

• The Silent Treatment, a/k/a Tampo. Depends on your ability to deal with it, or not.

Long Term

• Fundamental difference of religion, politics, etc.

• NOW she wants children.

• She wants to live where you do not, whether it's the Provinces, the USA, or wherever you don't.

• Her family is a never-ending series of outstretched hands, looking for money.

Let's get started!

Where were you 7 years ago I needed this...LOL...could have saved sooooo much money and heart ache :1 (103): :1 (103): :1 (103):

• Like 2

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted (edited)

Red Flags:

She can absolutely flog anyone at pool.

Her last 'boyfriend' was from ....... (wherever)

She wears topline clothing, gold everywhere and latest cellphone.

Excellent tips! Party girls in the Philippines are an expensive accessory, but not usually good long-term partners. If her look is 'showy' (hair color other than natural, visible tattoos, heavy makeup), clutch your wallet tightly and run! Can't edit the original post, but these are going into the appropriate lists.

On the other hand, if you are seeking a rich girl to hypnotize into supporting you in the lifestyle to which you wish to become accustomed, these are your targets!

barrymore.png

Edited by Vince Runza
  • Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I should probably stay out of this topic, since I met my wife years ago the old fashioned way, friend of a friend followed by snail mail courtship. But after years of watching topic after topic and rant after rant it seems to me that the biggest red flag is family.

Large family, low employment, little ambition on the part of male family members. Thing is during the courtship phase, little attention is paid to these teensy aspect (for obvious reasons :hystery: ). I sincerely hope this did not offend anybody, but its just my impression after all the topics that have been floated over the years. :cheersty:

Must say I agree with you Scott, when the relationship is new not a lot of time is spent considering her family but after the honeymoon period out come the hands, can be a real deal breaker.

• Like 3

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted (edited)

I should probably stay out of this topic, since I met my wife years ago the old fashioned way, friend of a friend followed by snail mail courtship. But after years of watching topic after topic and rant after rant it seems to me that the biggest red flag is family.

Large family, low employment, little ambition on the part of male family members. Thing is during the courtship phase, little attention is paid to these teensy aspect (for obvious reasons :hystery: ). I sincerely hope this did not offend anybody, but its just my impression after all the topics that have been floated over the years. :cheersty:

God Bless You! Added this to the Long Term List.

Edited by Vince Runza
  • Like 1