Dependable Godiva Chocolate Retailer In Manila

BobP
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys and Girls,

Hoping someone can give me a referral to a good Godiva (or other quality chocolate retailer) in Manila or Quezon City.

My gf would liked to have had a box of chocolates on her birthday Nov. 8.  I tried and tried but found no viable solution.

After all of my searching, pricing, etc., I have decided the only way to score the chocolates for her is to find a good retail shop in Manila or Quezon City, pay for them and let her pick them up.

But, the catch to this scenario is ......  will the retailer accept my credit card payment via email and do I want to even send my credit card number via email.  I can always call the retailer direct, but due to my situation, that could be a tough one to maneuver.

Of course if the retailer has an online store, I could simply purchase from that location.  But, unless it is a large mfgr of chocolate, I don't see any small guy having a website or the small guy's prices are going to be very costly.

I checked with Godiva and they do not ship to Phil. 

So, who is going to give me the answer that is probably sitting right in front of my face?  LOLOL.

Thanks ladies and gents!

Anxiously awaiting your replies!

BobP

:cheersty:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Guys and Girls,

So, who is going to give me the answer that is probably sitting right in front of my face?  LOLOL.

Thanks ladies and gents!

BobP

Well BobP, as far as I'm concern you have tried your best to accommodate your GF.  Perhaps a suitable substitute (another European import) that is readily available there.  But If she insist on getting Godiva, then you may want to confer with our Dr Love about that.....he, he.  Perhaps, she is testing you?

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1

BobP
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys and Girls,

Thanks ladies and gents!

BobP

Well BobP, as far as I'm concern you have tried your best to accommodate your GF.  Perhaps a suitable substitute (another European import) that is readily available there.  But If she insist on getting Godiva, then you may want to confer with our Dr Love about that.....he, he.  Perhaps, she is testing you?

I HAVE to start making my posts clearer.  My bad Jake.  She didn't request any particular chocolate.  I chose Godiva because of its' international reputation and hopefully dependability.  I thought that I read or heard that the Phil chocolate may not be that tasty.  I may be wrong.  I don't care if it is Joe Blow's Chocolate Truffles if it tastes good and I can afford it.  

Thanks!

BobP

PS-Failure is not an option.  I must deliver!  LOLOLOL.  Seriously, I really would like to be able to give or send her some chocolates.  Come on guys.  Y'all can figure it out.  Thank you all!

• Like 1

BobP
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys and Girls,

Thanks ladies and gents!

BobP

I HAVE to start making my posts clearer.  My bad Jake.  She didn't request any particular chocolate.  I chose Godiva because of its' international reputation and hopefully dependability.  I thought that I read or heard that the Phil chocolate may not be that tasty.  I may be wrong.  I don't care if it is Joe Blow's Chocolate Truffles if it tastes good and I can afford it.  

Thanks!

BobP

PS-Failure is not an option.  I must deliver!  LOLOLOL.  Seriously, I really would like to be able to give or send her some chocolates.  Come on guys.  Y'all can figure it out.  Thank you all!

Just thought of something else I could do.  I could wire or transfer cash to her to pay for the chocolate locally and I don't mind doing that,  But, I am fairly certain she would forget buying the chocolate for herself and simply give some or most of the money to her family to help them.  That would be ok to me, but I want her to have some chocolate.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

OK Bob, I googled "flowers and chocolate sent to Philippines" and got 840,000 hits.  Right at the top is this nice website: 

http://www.sendflowerstophilippines.net/chocolate-hampers/

You could send a combo package -- flowers and chocolate  Good luck sir!  You may get lucky....he, he.

• Like 1

BobP
Posted
Posted

OK Bob, I googled "flowers and chocolate sent to Philippines" and got 840,000 hits.  Right at the top is this nice website: 

You could send a combo package -- flowers and chocolate  Good luck sir!  You may get lucky....he, he.

You da man Jake!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

BobP

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

BobP

That will be 20 bucks, plus dozen roses, champagne and of course a box of Godivas!  

Have a good one sir! 

• Like 3

BobP
Posted
Posted

BobP

That will be 20 bucks, plus dozen roses, champagne and of course a box of Godivas!  

Have a good one sir! 

Roses huh?  Ok.  Whatever floats your boat.  hehehe

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

You can get them at duty free stores, http://www.dfp.com.ph/?q=catalog/22 click on find a store.  Sending gifts I always use Filgifts and never a problem, 

https://www.filgifts.com/subcateg.asp?xitemcat=36&sub=10&xcat=2

• Like 3

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted
But If she insist on getting Godiva, then you may want to confer with our Dr Love about that.....he, he. Perhaps, she is testing you?

I'm such a wimp! I make and send handmade chocolate to my mother and sister regularly!

• Like 1