Duterte Decides To Run

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Just a couple of weeks ago Rodrigo Duterte said he would not run, but apparently he has changed his mind.  I know the majority of the members here are not citizens and can not vote, but what are your thoughts.  

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-crime-fighting-philippine-mayor-jumps-into-presidential-race-2015-11

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just a couple of weeks ago Rodrigo Duterte said he would not run, but apparently he has changed his mind.  I know the majority of the members here are not citizens and can not vote, but what are your thoughts.  

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-crime-fighting-philippine-mayor-jumps-into-presidential-race-2015-11

Well whoever gets in they will have one hell of a lot of work to get things back on track, he can do maybe the extremes stuff but.........

If he does get in he will just get ill and Stand Down and his Boy will take over ( That's the way it works here.)

But Guys and Gals lets be careful what we say here,

Jack :tiphat:

• Like 4

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted

Nothing... you can never know what lies beyond the corner... until they get hold of the coveted position.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Like Mike says I don't think any of us has a dog in this hunt, and like Tim and Jack mentioned we as visitors have to be careful what opinions we express.

I believe that the Philippines could use a strong, charismatic leader at this time. But am entirely unfamiliar with what executive powers the President actually has. I don't know what exactly he can do to affect change such as the USA presidents power of executive orders.

Gives me something to research I suppose.

• Like 5

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Me ..... I got no cock in this fight ..... and how do I know this ... simple ..... the Philippine government tells me I don't .....  :mocking:  :hystery:  :hystery:

:cheersty:

Great line, Mike. I think I will borrow it from time to time when appropriate. My wife is from Davao and you should hear her right now... 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Great question Mike.

I have read that many Filipinos admire him due to his tough stand on law and order. Duterte has admitted to being behind some executions even boasting about it. It could be a strong-man type leader is best for the country but Marcos comes to mind. Many Filipinos are nostalgic about that era today.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Well whoever gets in they will have one hell of a lot of work to get things back on track, he can do maybe the extremes stuff but.........

If he does get in he will just get ill and Stand Down and his Boy will take over ( That's the way it works here.)

But Guys and Gals lets be careful what we say here,

Jack :tiphat:

Jack would have to disagree here, Duterte is know to walk the talk, look at past history of the guy. Personally I believe he follow through on his promises unlike pretty much all other politicians. There will of course be a very influenctial group who's best interests would be served with the latter in power. Sadly this influence will be enough to ensure the result will some how go as they favor.