Duterte Decides To Run

Thomas
Posted
Posted

He will need big power to get chance to change some of the MAIN errors, because the parlament will STOP changes, which aren't good for the "Family Dynasties" as they have stoped a part of the CONSTITUTION to be fullfiled, because it tell it WILL FORBID Family Dynasties dominating as they do... Steps to fullfil that part of constitution has been suggested - and stoped - every year since 1987...

One thing worry me though. It can become his followers will do as they want against common people.

For instance the SECOND man in Davao scared an Australian very much with guns just because he crossed the road when the line of cars with that second man came driving...

What a pity the senate does not read this forum, they might learn Something. Or do they?
I believe they will kill him, if he try to reduce much for the Family Dynasties...
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

post-285-0-44879700-1448570836_thumb.jpg

He has a history of taking the law in his own hands. Although its true there is little justice in Philippines it could be another Marcos in the making. Not saying that would be good or bad but it makes me sad to think Philippines would go down that rabbit hole once more.

• Like 2

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

It's going to be interesting come April and early May (Poe, Binay, Roxas, Duterte, Santiago). Any predictions. All we can do on our end is place our bets...

...and down the stretch they come!.....

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

It's going to be interesting come April and early May (Poe, Binay, Roxas, Duterte, Santiago). Any predictions. All we can do on our end is place our bets...

...and down the stretch they come!.....

Hmm.......lesser of the 5 evils?  I would vote for Duterte if that's the case.  Most of the mainstream editorials have positive commentaries about the current mayor of Davao.  However, I share the concerns of Old55 about going down that rabbit hole.  I don't think he will become another Marcos.  He may be a no nonsense and strong leader but I have a feeling he will make a lot of enemies.  I'm sure he will clean house across the board and many dirty govt and military officials will be facing the wrath of the iron fist.  And he will not accept any bribes according to news articles (My reference is Ramon Tulfo, PDI).

I just hope he's well protected to carry out this clean sweep during his full tenure (six years).  I think the first order of business is to fire and prosecute the head of aviation airport security and general manager of the airport itself.  

He's climbing Mt Everest for the first time....... 

• Like 4

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

You're not in Kansas Davao anymore, Roddy....This is the big time. If elected I hope he chooses wisely who to surround himself around.

The day may soon come where I see a photo op of Duterte and Trump shaking hands, as leaders of their respective countries.It seems to me some candidates are feeding off social media (anger, fed up, etc) to accelerate your chances to win an election. Just my take.

Edited by Hey Steve
  • Like 1