Sexual Transmitted Disease (Std's)

Chad S
Posted
Posted

Not intended or embarrass anyone, Just need answers.

During my information gathering I run across information on bar girls and the testing or very little testing or education about STD's , which led to more research on the difference in sex in relationships. I have been talking to one Filipina that said that in schools and the home they are taught that Men like sex and they must please us. They are taught they should have their first experience as early as 15 or 16. Not so much a difference than whats happening here in the USA, but for me it not what I'm looking for. So now I have this picture in my head of women that most have had relations with A LOT of people. I asked a couple of Filipina and I got a "I don't want to talk about that" and "That's not appropriate for you to ask, ask a man"  Does anyone else have a concern for this?

So is this true from what you guys have experienced? That they are taught this at a young age? Multiple partners before you meet them?

When is it appropriate to ask about this or how and who to ask?  

I assume a lot of this has to do with the type of girls you choose, but If you get a few guys or girls make a bad choice then its over. I don't want to worry about it, but I can't seem to get this out of my head.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I would have thought that you were told the 'facts of life' when you were about 14 years old.  At your age, unless you have been living under a rock all your life, you should be able to know what is appropriate conversation with a lady and what is not.

No wonder they told you to bugger off!  

Personally, I don't need to have these types of topics on the forum, this is the first that I have encountered and I hope it is the last.

I have always held the forum in the highest of moral ground.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Not intended or embarrass anyone, Just need answers.

During my information gathering I run across information on bar girls and the testing or very little testing or education about STD's , which led to more research on the difference in sex in relationships. I have been talking to one Filipina that said that in schools and the home they are taught that Men like sex and they must please us. They are taught they should have their first experience as early as 15 or 16. Not so much a difference than whats happening here in the USA, but for me it not what I'm looking for. So now I have this picture in my head of women that most have had relations with A LOT of people. I asked a couple of Filipina and I got a "I don't want to talk about that" and "That's not appropriate for you to ask, ask a man"  Does anyone else have a concern for this?

So is this true from what you guys have experienced? That they are taught this at a young age? Multiple partners before you meet them?

When is it appropriate to ask about this or how and who to ask?  

I assume a lot of this has to do with the type of girls you choose, but If you get a few guys or girls make a bad choice then its over. I don't want to worry about it, but I can't seem to get this out of my head.

All heresay evidence, all wrong, except in very isolated cases.

Brief short answer. There are a lot of 15-16 yo virgins in the Philippines and very few who have had multiple partners. They relatively new "Reproductive Health Bill" signed off by President Aquino 4 years ago would be amore interesting topic as it very slowly and gradually has an impact here. Then you have the influence of the church, which is considerable.

There could be more interesting topics rather than something one Filipina told you.

I am not sure how this topic will run, will leave it to the moderators.

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

With a bar girl there will be lots of partners and a higher risk of STD as there is virtually no sex-ed in the country. Bar girls are very small percentage though. 

I have never heard any of that either about the girls.  Most are Catholic and that comes with all the usual guilt.  What I have found is most don't want to talk about sex - because they were never taught to talk about it. Not that they are hiding anything.   I think most people here (men & women) have very few partners - especially compared to us in the US. 

With my wife I never asked how many partners she had before me (from her experience level I would guess very few), and she never asked about my history.  Well, no, she asked 1 time and I told her to rethink it... I would answer anything she wanted... it would be the truth... she may not like all the answers.  She withdrew the question ha ha

But no, most girls I know here don't sleep around a lot.  I just don't think it will be an issue.  They are taught to take good care of the home & husband... so that could be where this is coming from?

• Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Welcome, Chad.  Hard to paint all Filipinas with the same broad brush, especially when it comes to sexual history.  It's really up to you to do the vetting process and figure out what kind of girl she is.  I know girls here looking online that promote themselves as virgins, yet have slept with half the expats in town, and double that number of Filipinos.  Yeah, it's scary.  Another big issue is that practically no one here uses condoms, from what I hear.  If you're really worried, have both of you get tested prior to sex, or just suggest that.  If she's clean, she will appreciate your concern.    :)

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I certainly never heard that Filipina girls are taught in school that they "must please men". Girls are expected to make good wives, which is not exactly the same thing. 

There is very very little sex education, in schools or anywhere else - quite unlike modern Britain where every practically every child, apart from the handful whose parents opt out, gets to put a condom on a banana before they are 15.

There is a shockingly high rate of teenage pregnancy in the Philippines - the highest in Southeast Asia - but this is attributable to the lack of sex education, not to a very high rate of sexual activity amongst teenagers.

On the specific point of STDs, I have read media reports in the Philippines Press and and social media that suggest that HIV - which has been relatively uncommon - may be on the point of spreading rapidly, due to the lack of awareness of the issue of STDs amongst the heterosexual population. There may be an agenda behind these reports, of course - the wish of liberals in the Philippines - and most of my Filipino friends, be they Catholic, Muslim or agnostic, would be in the "liberal" camp - to promote more sex education.  

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 2

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

This is the same kind of bad thinking that makes people think Americans are more violent than other people. We're not more violent. We're just better shots!

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

This is the same kind of bad thinking that makes people think Americans are more violent than other people. We're not more violent. We're just better shots!

Not sure if you are better shots or have more guns and ammo!  :lol:

• Like 1

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

Not sure if you are better shots or have more guns and ammo! :lol:

You may have a point, there. This happened near where I live: "Police say the two vehicles took off before officers arrived. They don't believe anyone was hit by the bullets."

http://wnep.com/2015/11/23/shots-fired-in-viewmont-mall-parking-lot/

• Like 1