Sexual Transmitted Disease (Std's)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Again as I do, I spoke to my 16 year old daughter about this She was telling me that they have sex education written into their research science lessons. Seems that the particular school she goes to has it in their minds that it is needed, now what she also tells me is that they are very keen to ensure they fully understand the meaning of the safe time (If there is really ever a safe time) She was saying to her Mum why is Dad asking me about things I will not be doing for some years. Oh well said my Wife that's Dads for you. he Worries

My point being that I am sure the type of school she attends which is a Science High, tend to look on the Practical Side as well as the Moral side. I don't personally think it is a total Lack of Education but as with so many things here, more of how it is Delivered.

I smiled when were talking about STD's the none use of Condoms is in here mind for the Religious reason but the smile she brought came from a well versed cliche, "If in Doubt, Don't" Seems I got a GUD UN  

I asked her if she was OK with talking to me about these things and she said your my Dad and at school is OK but anyone else YUK!

So for me, whilst in many areas it may be a taboo conversation, like most things, this can all start with the Parents and not have to wait until a Situation arises, that it is confronted head on. Where some young ladies or even a little bit older are just not ready to talk about it.

I do believe that many will make up stories not realizing the harm they can do for themselves at a later stage.

I guess that's about it from me. OH! sorry can I just say, Like any other country, if a girl of 15 is at it, I think she has had a pretty poor Upbringing. with no counselling from Parents and/or Aunts.

jack :tiphat:

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

My point is that this is a 'family orientated' forum where middle aged and above guys get together to discuss everyday issues that cross their paths. Or most importantly offer help to other members for whatever problem that has arisen for them.

I think you are blowing it out of proportion. As adults we should be able to discuss all issues including STDs. The OP from memory was asking advice which is no different than asking if one needs an exit clearance as to him it may be an issue.

Anyway the OP wanted his account and posts deleted which will not happen so to me he obviously feels that the members are against him for asking questions. I approved the topic with a simple warning it was not to get into the nightlife forum mode. I also placed the topic immediately at risk of closure to give notice that I won't tolerate anything other than adult advice and opinions.

Seems to me at this time of year people begin to act strange so if we can not discuss topics at adult level then we may as well talk about Santa instead.

Well said, kuya.

It often happens on forums that an enquiry from a newish member gets misunderstood, and I think that happened here. Hope the OP stays around.

In an attempt to lighten the tone - if a Filipino is applying for an OCS sticker from the CFO and applies on line, he or she is confronted with a "drop down menu" list of occupations which is immensely long and runs from "accordion maker" to "zoologist". Under "b" you may find "bar girl". I wonder if anyone has ever ticked that box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Again as I do, I spoke to my 16 year old daughter about this She was telling me that they have sex education written into their research science lessons. Seems that the particular school she goes to has it in their minds that it is needed, now what she also tells me is that they are very keen to ensure they fully understand the meaning of the safe time (If there is really ever a safe time)

My point being that I am sure the type of school she attends which is a Science High, tend to look on the Practical Side as well as the Moral side. I don't personally think it is a total Lack of Education but as with so many things here, more of how it is Delivered.

I smiled when were talking about STD's the none use of Condoms is in here mind for the Religious reason but the smile she brought came from a well versed cliche, "If in Doubt, Don't"

Jack that perfectly illustrates the bad effect of the Catholic Church in this area and the huge damage that it does.

I am sure that you told your daughter that no, there is no such thing as a "safe time" - that is just Church pseudo-science, and if a lot of teenagers think that there is a "safe time" that accounts for a lot of teenage pregnancies!

I am feeling particularly angry with the Catholic Church on this subject because the daughter of K's widowed schoolteacher sister just gave birth at 20.

Jilly is in all respects the classic "nice girl" - goes to Church without fail on Sundays, helps her mother and grandparents, studies hard, wastes no time and money on her appearance and nobody even knew that she had such a thing as a boyfriend.

But the little bastard pestered and pestered her to have sex with him and in her own words she finally gave way just to shut him up. She thought it was the "safe time" of course, being a good Catholic girl...

Her reputation and her mother's is ruined - and her mother's reputation was sky high.

Luckily for Jilly, Uncle Andrew will pay for her to attend teacher training college, so it's not the utter catastrophe that it would have been with no foreigner in the family.

But it's a disaster all the same.

I would like to wring the necks of the sperm donor and of every priest in the country.

Be warned.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I am sure that you told your daughter that no, there is no such thing as a "safe time" - that is just Church pseudo-science,

Well of course, it was talked about but to her and her class mates credit, the research they did & Biology Knowledge added together proved to them there is no such thing, I mentioned before but as it happens, it was this Particular Research that earned the 4 of them merits last months report. 

post-2148-0-47250300-1448524831_thumb.jp  Proud Dad here.

Jack

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I am sure that you told your daughter that no, there is no such thing as a "safe time" - that is just Church pseudo-science,

Well of course, it was talked about but to her and her class mates credit, the research they did & Biology Knowledge added together proved to them there is no such thing, I mentioned before but as it happens, it was this Particular Research that earned the 4 of them merits last months report.

attachicon.gifTrisha merit.jpg Proud Dad here.

Jack

Proud dad with good reason! Well done, that young lady!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So is this true from what you guys have experienced? That they are taught this at a young age? Multiple partners before you meet them?

Chad from what answers are coming now I think you will see they are Not taught it, It is something that happens to some and that is the world over in my mind.

When is it appropriate to ask about this or how and who to ask?  

Well from again, what is being said and certainly from my perspective only when the time is right, It is just not the sort of thing young Girls or young Ladies want to talk about unless, they are the Dubious type and then it is make your mind up time. Are they for you or not

Jack.

• Like 1

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted

Again as I do, I spoke to my 16 year old daughter about this She was telling me that they have sex education written into their research science lessons. Seems that the particular school she goes to has it in their minds that it is needed, now what she also tells me is that they are very keen to ensure they fully understand the meaning of the safe time (If there is really ever a safe time)

I smiled when were talking about STD's the none use of Condoms is in here mind for the Religious reason but the smile she brought came from a well versed cliche, "If in Doubt, Don't"

Jack that perfectly illustrates the bad effect of the Catholic Church in this area and the huge damage that it does.

I am sure that you told your daughter that no, there is no such thing as a "safe time" - that is just Church pseudo-science, and if a lot of teenagers think that there is a "safe time" that accounts for a lot of teenage pregnancies!

I am feeling particularly angry with the Catholic Church on this subject because the daughter of K's widowed schoolteacher sister just gave birth at 20.

Jilly is in all respects the classic "nice girl" - goes to Church without fail on Sundays, helps her mother and grandparents, studies hard, wastes no time and money on her appearance and nobody even knew that she had such a thing as a boyfriend.

But the little bastard pestered and pestered her to have sex with him and in her own words she finally gave way just to shut him up. She thought it was the "safe time" of course, being a good Catholic girl...

Her reputation and her mother's is ruined - and her mother's reputation was sky high.

Luckily for Jilly, Uncle Andrew will pay for her to attend teacher training college, so it's not the utter catastrophe that it would have been with no foreigner in the family.

But it's a disaster all the same.

I would like to wring the necks of the sperm donor and of every priest in the country.

Be warned.

No offense, but I don't think the catholic church took away her ability to think of what is right and what is wrong. and to use her common sense. yes! religion may play a vital role in one's life. but remember, in the end it is you who will decide on what to do with your life. not the catholic church.

Also, from how you describe her. ''goes to Church without fail on Sundays, helps her mother and grandparents, studies hard, wastes no time and money on her appearance'' I don't think shes completely ignorant when it comes to sex and the consequences of unprotected sex.

Again... I'm not trying to defend the church, in fact I don't believe on any religion. just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

No offense, but I don't think the catholic church took away her ability to think of what is right and what is wrong. and to use her common sense. yes! religion may play a vital role in one's life. but remember, in the end it is you who will decide on what to do with your life. not the catholic church.

Also, from how you describe her. ''goes to Church without fail on Sundays, helps her mother and grandparents, studies hard, wastes no time and money on her appearance'' I don't think shes completely ignorant when it comes to sex and the consequences of unprotected sex.

Again... I'm not trying to defend the church, in fact I don't believe on any religion. just my 2 cents.

Well, there we differ. I don't think that it is "wrong" for unmarried people to have sex.

• Like 2

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

Yet another reason I am a lapsed Catholic. Heh, I mentioned I was a lapsed Catholic to a Lutheran Minister. Without missing a beat, he said, "Aren't we all?!"

The only indication that the Church's stranglehold over relationships is the Pope's direction to speed up annulments. Wonder how that's going...

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted
I don't think that it is "wrong" for unmarried people to have sex.

I agree. However, there's a responsibility that goes with unmarried sex -- namely that you both are responsible for the consequences, which may includes S.T.D.'s, pregnancy, loss of 'face', and an 18 year sentence with no chance for parole, i.e. child-rearing.

• Like 2