Dengue Fever

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Impetigo is also very prevalent in the provinces. Rash with few sores breaking out sounds like the beginining of an episode.

Based on the pictures I see of that, that is not what I had.  Looks like that mostly impacts kids.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
What if blister starts to appear on the scalp? rather than the usual torso, arms and legs. is it possible that it can be a bullous impetigo? child is 1 year old.

Definitely should see a good doc to find out!  Although we have a few members with some good medical experience, the baby needs personal attention.

• Like 1

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted

What if blister starts to appear on the scalp? rather than the usual torso, arms and legs. is it possible that it can be a bullous impetigo? child is 1 year old.

Definitely should see a good doc to find out!  Although we have a few members with some good medical experience, the baby needs personal attention.

Anyway its the neighbor's child. I told them to consult a doctor, but they can't afford one. I also told them that they can get a free check up on the barangay center.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
Shternemat
Posted
Posted

I got Dengue about 6 years ago, and like others it put me out completely for about 10 days. No energy to get out of bed, eat - could not even get up to use the computer. Was put in the hospital for one night, but since there isnt anything that they can do except an IV - decided to just rest at home.

Believe I missed a full week of work during that time.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Silly people the family are.

It seems it was not the fever at all.

But the little cash we sent over did buy the kids some toys for Christmas

But not from Santa or uncle Steve and aunty Emma. But from mum and dad.

You have to love them.

Like its been said they can only cry wolf so many times,no more

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Silly people the family are.

It seems it was not the fever at all.

But the little cash we sent over did buy the kids some toys for Christmas

But not from Santa or uncle Steve and aunty Emma. But from mum and dad.

You have to love them.

Like its been said they can only cry wolf so many times,no more

Well Steve, they did do the work of getting the money out of you so it was money earned! I can't believe you are too nearsighted to see that?

I sent the money once with instructions to show me the reports after, it was pure scam. I lost my fiancée that way but it was cheap to find out.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

When kids are involved and it pulls on there auntie's heart strings you have to give a little,but never what they ask for.

• 4 weeks later...
ManilaBae
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Carlo said:

We can avoid it by not getting bitten- use coconut oil mixed with calamansi as a repellent, it smells great and does not harm the skin. And you can apply as much as you like.

Have you used this concoction yourself? Im really curious if it works for all body types since we all have differing body chemistries.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, ManilaBae said:

We can avoid it by not getting bitten

Well sometimes that is inevitable to be bitten but for some strange reason I don't get much reaction from a bite ( If that is the right term) I put it down to either the Blood medications I am on (and they don't like it) or as the Spanish swear by, the amount of Garlic intake I have. On this I have to admit that to my thoughts, Prevention is far better that Cure. :huh:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 11/24/2015 at 4:46 AM, Medic Mike said:

On a side note, we also have Japanese encephalitis which is also carried by misquitos, however the good thing is it rare, the bad thing it is more nasty then Dengue. However, some good news for kano patients, most medical professionals believe if you have had your MMR when you were young, you should be immune to this virus...however you never know. If I worked around pigs and other livestock in the tropics, I still would double down on the OFF. :thumbsup:

Do you mean 'real' pigs Mike or the human type we so often encounter?