Medical Care. I'm Stuck Here Right Now.

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have trained progressively harder since Sunday. Then 2 easy days, Thursday/Friday. And today a 65 km spin with a food break in the middle.

We are going down to Sta Lucia, Candon area for the event tomorrow. 57 km off road, but some is paved.

I aim to finish, which might be a problem ka si the 1 PM start. Will be getting dark after 5 PM. Recently we averaged only 13km/hour over rough terrain with hills and river crossings. This race will have easier and maybe harder sections.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)
We are going down to Sta Lucia, Candon area for the event tomorrow. 57 km off road, but some is paved.   I aim to finish, which might be a problem ka si the 1 PM start. Will be getting dark after 5 PM. Recently we averaged only 13km/hour over rough terrain with hills and river crossings. This race will have easier and maybe harder sections.

I rode this event and was highly competitive in my Age Group. I was holding 2nd place and I was outriding the eventual winner on the hills. No cough, I was not even breathing heavily. I could have pushed harder but I tried to be conservative in the beginning.

Bike developed a problem due to rear axle loss of engagement at the 40 km mark. Very sadly, I could not finish the event.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
chris49
Posted
Posted

I had another mild attack in December. Possibly triggered by eating shellfish, because I had a mild allergic reaction, itching.

Then quite clear until having night cough about a week ago.  Had meds, cortisone and Ventolin and in the first case a dose of Benadryl for the allergic reaction.

Then as the weather warmed up, all resolved.

Last 7 days training full tilt with no problems at all.

When riding with a group of up to 20, I have 3-4 riders behind me, which tells me I'm going well. And since it's still the MTB season until Jun, we have races at least once a month.

• Like 3