Cashing Usd Check In Philippines

KDay
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

I have a check in my name in USD from the states. How can I cash it here without opening a usd account? Its usually a 500 minimum deposit and I dont have that. Is there a paticular company or bank that can do this?

Thank you for your time!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

I have a check in my name in USD from the states. How can I cash it here without opening a usd account? Its usually a 500 minimum deposit and I dont have that. Is there a paticular company or bank that can do this?

Thank you for your time!

In a word I don't think it is possible. I am not sure even if you can get a friend to bank it and pay you out, 3rd part involvements are frowned on by banks these days even here.

You could of course open a Dollar account with the cheque I would suspect Some banks don't always have a big minimum but I do know many  others do but not 500 dollars more like 5.000 peso or Equivalent, Mine does  that is PNB

All i can offer.

Jack :)  

• Like 1

KDay
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much Jack! I will give PNB a try.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
In a word I don't think it is possible

I agree with Jack on this one. But this is the Philippines strange things have been know to happen.

We have a Dollar account at PNB also, when we here our Tri-care reimbursements and Tax refunds we deposit them there.

Oh yes, usually you will have to wait 3-4 weeks for the check to clear before you can access the funds.

Just our experience

Good luck :cheersty:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You may not have to deposit it here.

Do you have a bank account in USA?  You can check if it is possible to deposit online.  You just take a photo of the check and upload it and its deposited to your account.  Wait for the specified time and take it out through your ATM.

Wells Fargo is one bank I know that allows this.  Here is a link to their site to show you how its done.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/mobile/apps/mobile-deposit/tour/take-photo/

• Like 3