College Students In Usa Have Lost Their Minds, I May Become An Expat..

davewe
Posted
Posted

There have been a number of student insanities lately - or at least things that would have been called insane when I was on campus about 100 years ago. The recent "poop swastika" incident made huge waves and caused the resignation of the university president.

I have no conclusions. I wish they'd stick to what we did - getting stoned and tripping. Much safer IMO :)

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't even recognize my country anymore. It has changed into an insane asylum. Even worse, this OP is from my home state. God help us all.

Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I don't even recognize my country anymore.

The latest episode of South Park is an example of the PC insanity.  South Park parodies whatever is going on in US society and they have been very funny until this last season.  Now it is just sad that this kind of craziness goes on.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

There is no way I could live or want to live in the US any more .... I still believe in saying what I want or believe and to hell with the PC police ..... surprisingly the most vocal of the PC police only police what they don't like and not what should be policed ..... but then what else is new ..... the special interest groups are all about that ..... their own self interest .... and they preach "we should all learn to love and hug our neighbors no matter who or what they are .... just as long as they don't move in next to me" .....  :thumbsup:  :hystery:  :hystery: 

:cheersty:   

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Aristotle once said:

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for

authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer

rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,

chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their

legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."

Boy, was he a wise ole duck:

He was tutor to Alexander the Great, iirc...

"At the wedding of Cleopatra, whom Philip fell in love with and married, she being much too young for him, her uncle Attalus in his drink desired the Macedonians would implore the gods to give them a lawful successor to the kingdom by his niece. This so irritated Alexander, that throwing one of the cups at his head, "You villain," said he, "what, am I then a bastard?" Then Philip, taking Attalus's part, rose up and would have run his son through; but by good fortune for them both, either his over-hasty rage, or the wine he had drunk, made his foot slip, so that he fell down on the floor. At which Alexander reproachfully insulted over him: "See there," said he, "the man who makes preparations to pass out of Europe into Asia, overturned in passing from one seat to another."

— Plutarch, describing the feud at Philip's wedding...
Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys. I feel better knowing I'm not alone in this matter. :cheersty:  :thumbsup:  

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I'm not exactly sure about how accurate this story is coming from that site especially the counseling.

I do not think it is crazy for some people to be offended by that flag especially if black but counseling seems way overboard.

Some of those stories though you have take with a grain of salt as they are written with a certain political view in mind. :)

earthdome
Posted
Posted

It is almost to the point where the inmates are running the asylum.

There is a new word for what is going on "triggering". People who are so sensitive that little things can "trigger" extreme emotional upset. To hell with free speech... no one can say or do anything that might upset them. Children are so coddled in the USA now and treated like children into their twenties by helicopter parents they have no grasp on reality anymore.

Not only parents but US society in general is becoming that way. The USA is now where simple parenting decisions that your neighbors don't like can be called in to 911 and you end up being charged with negligence and CPS takes your kids.

Check out this website which documents these things:  http://www.freerangekids.com/

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I don't even recognize my country anymore.

The latest episode of South Park is an example of the PC insanity.  South Park parodies whatever is going on in US society and they have been very funny until this last season.  Now it is just sad that this kind of craziness goes on.

I was going to mention South Park. This whole season has been hysterical.  Their new principal, named "P. C. Principal" is awesome. 

• Like 2