Befriending Filipinos

Jake
Posted
Posted

Believe it or not, 90% of my friends here are Filipinos.

Well, I'm part of that 10% where I can't leave the reactor room.  I was banished down there by Steve because I was a ba-boy.....he, he.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well to start with most of us have befriended a special Filipina.

To have a friend be a friend. I know things are not always that simple in Philippines but that would be a good start.

I suggest you find something in common. A good example is Photography. There are very active photography clubs there. They travel around in small groups taking pictures learning sharing technique and entering competitions.

My best friend is a Filipino who I met in Philippines fifteen years ago. We met through a mutual hobby. I know Chris has close Filipino he met through his activities too. I have no Foreigner friends living in Philippines but about a dozen Filipinos who I am close with it make visiting there fantastic.

I plan to meet some of you knuckleheads someday too, who knows maybe make a few new friends.

Notice, I did not mention Jake. Not after "the incident".

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I must admit, I am in the same boat, easily 90% :)

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Well, I'm part of that 10% where I can't leave the reactor room.  I was banished down there by Steve because I was a ba-boy.....he, he.

Funny, I thought Judy was the one who restricted you to the Reactor Room?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I have met and made friends with some very nice people that I met in the local church that has an service in english.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)
I must admit, I am in the same boat, easily 90%

Me too.

Every pension day, I see the same guys in the bank (Phil-Ams on Pension) and see the same guys in Mc Donalds through the morning. Sometimes with the wife, which helps a lot, because Gina is usually with me. Since they are in my age we talk. My bike club mates are younger, but I always found it easier talking to people my own age.

Sometimes in town, Vigan City, it's easier than here locally. Most of the local guys here are farmers with limited English. The bigger the town or small town, the more people you are likely to meet.

Edited by chris49