S&r Has Tamales!!!!

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

You guys know those Hormel Tamales in a can? the type covered in red sauce and wrapped in wax paper. Good and greasy with poor quality ground beef and substandard corn meal???

Well S&R has them!!! Get them before its to late, we are talking about good ole north American bachelor comfort food here :thumbsup: .

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Haha you got it Scott..... That brings me back as a young man eating those things.  Ever eaten one cold?

Who is Steve? I did not have my coffee yet Scott!  :1 (103):  :morning1:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

You guys know those Hormel Tamales in a can? the type covered in red sauce and wrapped in wax paper. Good and greasy with poor quality ground beef and substandard corn meal???

Well S&R has them!!! Get them before its to late, we are talking about good ole north American bachelor comfort food here :thumbsup: .

Haha you got it Steve..... That brings me back as a young man eating those things.  Ever eaten one cold?

You guys, don't get me started about eating something cold and unprepared.  Having severe munchie attack was like a garbage disposal down my throat.  I ate everything!  

Those tamales sound really great.

• Like 1

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

Hey, how about Dinty Moore Beef Stew?!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Hey, how about Dinty Moore Beef Stew?!

to paraphrase the show park..........."You b*****rd! You woke my appetite". No Dinty Moore yet that I have seen, but will keep a close eye out :thumbsup:  

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Gee they sound such a gastronomic delight, I may fly over and get some.  Bit like the plastic sausages they sell here in supermarkets.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Was thinking of a comparison for you other side of the pond cats. Best thing I can think of is a round, tubular, spicy Mexican meat pie :dance:

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

My wife loves tamales from Pampanga - a cousin gave her a couple to enjoy over breakfast.  She got her fix.

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Cannot say those Hormel tamales would be tasty now, but I did eat a ton of them in college.  I would probably buy them if I saw them, if only for the memories they would evoke.   :)        

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

There are cheapie stands in the malls here that sell tamales... Not the greatest but better than the canned ones...! As for tacos? That's hit or miss!

The one really good thing I like about S&R? They now have a takeout in Abreeza Mall... No membership needed! Only diff? No roast chicken and the sodas are not bottomless... And it's only 10 minutes by Jeepney rather than an hour to the main store!