Interesting Development With M$

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Sometime back I tried Win 10 and didn't like it so I went back to Win 8.1 and have been a happy little clam but soon started getting the irritating message "GUXUX has stopped working" ..... used to appear dozens of times a day .... so like all good little boys I did a GG Duck search and found out it was tied to the "recommended" download KB3035583 from M$ and something to do with wanting you to try Win 10 .... well after deleting it all was fine for about 2 weeks .... then it appeared again but this time KB3035583 was listed as "critical" download ..... deleted it again and all has been good until 3 days ago when it "GUXUX has stopped working" once again appeared but no longer under KB3035583 .....

So it appears that if M$ can't get you to accept their downloads they just combine them with a different download and you will never know the difference ..... so  what other downloads you don't agree with or want on your computer have been put there anyway because M$ wants it there ..... and some people wonder why I don't trust M$ anymore ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 3

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Aah Windows 10 and windows 8 ! :1 (103): I had happily been running windows 7 ultimate and then pro with 

M$ updates turned off ! then silly me thought ( like you do ) I'll give windows 8 a try ! :omg:

first it would not load, and when it did it crashed ! finally got it to work but my printer would not work ! built in webcam died and to cap it all the video driver was incompatible !! so back to windows 7 !!

then this annoying windows icon appeared on the bottom of the screen telling me windows 10 was coming !

Really ? I clicked on the Icon and was told it would be available for download soon ! 4 weeks later in fact !!

it promised faster boot times and faster page loading ! :whistling:

Oh no it didnt ! so I am now again back to windows 7 pro with updates turned off ! with no problems !

But M$ it has been said will be installing windows 10 on all pcs eventually who have updates turned on !!

And it will install automatically !  remember folks Ubuntu is still out there !!

• Like 2

Crocodile
Posted
Posted

I downloaded Windows 10 about a week after it became available.  Love it - much improved on Windows 8.1 and haven't had any issues.  I can't wait to put Windows 10 on my phone.

But, my work just upgraded my Windows XP to Windows 7.  I loved Windows XP!

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I agree the first thing you do with M$ is turn off windows auto updates but I'm sure as M$ takes over more and more of your computer usage they will delete that feature as they via for the title of Big Brothers top snitch ..... :hystery: :hystery:

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

mogo51
Posted
Posted

As a computer retard, I read that my Windows 7 Pro was getting the heave ho, so thinking I was being really smart, I installed Windows 10 and was then told it was all BS from Microsoft and that they sometimes told lies so people would use their new stuff - of course I was shocked!

But Windows 10 has been ok, but webpages often 'crash' whilst I am using them and that is about the only problem I have encountered, other than  it is a PIA when I want to print/scan, so I am hoping one day I will get a visit from a computer genius who will put an icon on my desktop for direct access to my printer for such activity!

I have checked if I have MS but my doctor said I am clear, I checked for the Duck but only found chicken in the fridge, so assume I am all over this new Windows 10 thing!

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks ..... the first link explains the trouble I had and how to get rid of it ..... hopefully it will stay gone this time ...... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have absolutely no problems with Windows... My main machine is my MacBook Air and my alternate is an antique HP/ Compaq business laptop with the latest Ubuntu loaded! No problem with Windows at all! :)

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I got so tired of mess with Windows, so I switched to Linux   :)   (Ubuntu).

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well the "GUXUX has stopped working" has come back again despite me deleting it using all the suggestions ..... but I may have found the reason ..... watch this Youtube video that goes a long way in showing what M$ is capable of and is in fact doing .... watch it to the end especially if you are running Win 10 or thinking about switching to it ..... pay attention to the part about new Win 10's updates and their downloads .... that are resetting the privacy settings you had changed ..... this is done when you download the newest updates ..... and no I don't have or wear a tinfoil hat ..... :mocking: :hystery:

Edited by Mike S