Water, Water, Every Where ( But This, About Bananas)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery:  You know the Rhyme about water ends, but "not a Drop to Drink" Well Today, if fact 2 weeks now, Although  we are Absolutely Surrounded here in Junob and the Area by Banana trees we just con't get Bananas post-2148-0-48472900-1448676556.gif you say? Yep! we went to all 3 Veg & Fruit Markets and non  (well poor excuses) 

post-2148-0-57004600-1448676655_thumb.jp if you find they are now 3 peso each

post-2148-0-08430800-1448676697_thumb.jp Gone in minuets at 2 to 3 even 4 peso each

post-2148-0-12125900-1448676739_thumb.jp Cooking Bananas almost extinct.

Is this a Country Thing just now or just Negros Oriental?

Jack :unsure:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

We buy bananas every other day in Sibulan.  Some are nice ripe eating bananas, for me.  Some are BananaQ for Yvonne.  Yummmmmy.  Too bad you aren't getting any.  But to be honest, its been 2 or 3 days since we looked for any.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

No shortage here in upper Occidental ..... eat one or two a day ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

No shortage here in upper Occidental ..... eat one or two a day ....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :angry:  I am wondering now after only 2 replies if My Wife should spread her wings a little more instead of visiting the same old haunts. Seems there are plenty in the Supermarkets too according to my neighbour but at what cost? and this is where I think my lady goes wrong sometimes. Cost - versus happy Husband  :7_4_17[1]:

Jack :whistling:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :angry:  I am wondering now after only 2 replies if My Wife should spread her wings a little more instead of visiting the same old haunts. Seems there are plenty in the Supermarkets too according to my neighbour but at what cost? and this is where I think my lady goes wrong sometimes. Cost - versus happy Husband  :7_4_17[1]:

Ja

:hystery:  You know the Rhyme about water ends, but "not a Drop to Drink" Well Today, if fact 2 weeks now, Although  we are Absolutely Surrounded here in Junob and the Area by Banana trees we just con't get Bananas attachicon.gifScratch head.gif you say? Yep! we went to all 3 Veg & Fruit Markets and non  (well poor excuses) 

attachicon.gifbanana not ripe..jpg if you find they are now 3 peso each

attachicon.gifBananas ripe..jpg Gone in minuets at 2 to 3 even 4 peso each

attachicon.gifBanana Cooking.jpg Cooking Bananas almost extinct.

Actually getting the green eating bananas has not been that easy here lately. You can get yellow ones which really need eating the same day.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Plenty here in CDO. Obviously Negros Oriental are exporting yours to Sibulan, Upper Occidental and us here in Misamis Oriental! :)

And very nice they are too. Thanks!

Ken

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Ja

:hystery:  You know the Rhyme about water ends, but "not a Drop to Drink" Well Today, if fact 2 weeks now, Although  we are Absolutely Surrounded here in Junob and the Area by Banana trees we just con't get Bananas attachicon.gifScratch head.gif you say? Yep! we went to all 3 Veg & Fruit Markets and non  (well poor excuses) 

attachicon.gifbanana not ripe..jpg if you find they are now 3 peso each

attachicon.gifBananas ripe..jpg Gone in minuets at 2 to 3 even 4 peso each

attachicon.gifBanana Cooking.jpg Cooking Bananas almost extinct.

Actually getting the green eating bananas has not been that easy here lately. You can get yellow ones which really need eating the same day.

AYE! It is the green ones I particularly like, as well as keeping for a few days they are actually more beneficial to the body, Good for detoxing I read.

Jack :)

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

No shortage in Moalboal.  Have a nice bunch of the green variety, my favorite, sitting on the counter now. 

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

no shortage here in Los Banos bananas are everywhere !

we even have them growing in our back garden ! 

little woman normally buys 2 bunches every time we go shopping and we stop on the way home for the 

fried ones for merienda ! if you are really desperate for Bananas then call these guys !!

on minions mobile bananas 001 34567 89 :mocking:

post-5099-0-80435100-1448693017_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Well Jack....It's like this......We of Negros Occ wanted to make sure we had plenty of bananas so we shot down to oriental and scooped them all up. Too bad......Too bad.

• Like 2