Kleenex Just Not The Same

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I usually buy whatever brand of facial tissue that is on sale, but they are always too thin so I have to double them up.

This week I splurged and bought some Kleenex brand tissue as I remember them being thick enough you only need one.  NOT.  Local Kleenex brand tissues are thinner than the stuff I buy on sale.  Won't be doing that again!

:1 (103):

• Like 5

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I think it's like most things here, the quality is adjusted to cater for the local market. Price, not quality, is king here.

I found the same thing with many items, Heinz Tomato Ketchup for example. It is much inferior to the one we get in the UK.

Ken

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I usually buy whatever brand of facial tissue that is on sale, but they are always too thin so I have to double them up.

This week I splurged and bought some Kleenex brand tissue as I remember them being thick enough you only need one.  NOT.  Local Kleenex brand tissues are thinner than the stuff I buy on sale.  Won't be doing that again!

Since when did you switch to facial tissue?  I thought all along you're still using the window curtains for wipe-wipe......he, he,

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Since when did you switch to facial tissue?  I thought all along you're still using the window curtains for wipe-wipe......he, he,

I thought that is what everybody did. Learn something new everyday.

• Like 4

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Tissues might be too thin here, but look on the bright side....napkins here are much more thicker and absorbent than the napkins we used in the western world.  It's almost as if they have a different purpose here.   :lol:   

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I decided several years ago to keep a roll of toilet paper around for that very reason.  Works well and less expensive.  The problem is now they are ripping you off with the TP.  Made the cardboard tube about 1/2 agains as big, thinner paper, the wraps are much looser, etc.  I hate it when your fingers go thru the paper, oops maybe too much information.   :hystery:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I gave up and use KITCHEN roll  :hystery:

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

All ways carry a handkerchief in my pocket , ok i always carry 2 just incase 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I gave up and use KITCHEN roll  :hystery:

Jack :thumbsup:

Does my bum look big in these

Springs to mind

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Tissues might be too thin here, but look on the bright side....napkins here are much more thicker and absorbent than the napkins we used in the western world.  It's almost as if they have a different purpose here.   :lol:   

Dang Larry, are you talking about sanitary napkins?  I use them as well to apply a coat of wax to my car......he, he.

• Like 1