Memories Of The Past

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Or  is it just me, a silly sod who cries at times gone past  

My dad used to say "There is no Future in the Past" BUT "Memories, make History!" Confused? talk to Thomas :hystery:

:thumbsup:  for Thomas

Jack :lol:

:)

I do BOTH

/Look much at HISTORY including checking ancestors over 2000 years back

/and try to think faaar into the FUTURE planning far ahead  :)

One friend from I were only 7yo and two friends from when I were around 25yo think of FOLLOW me moving to Phils.

A few years ago was a (Swedish?) website started where people are sorted by school, exam year and class, so old friends can find each other again. When I talked with one of them, I got the thought there were 8 only from the corner house closest to the school (=15 appartments) who had done something extra, although coming from a rough neighbourhood. That gave me inspiration to start researching phoning around asking if they know what happened to people from that neighbourhood around when I grew up, and started writing a book about them. (They weren't 8 from that house, but 15   :)     (E g the most famous photographer in Sweden, profesional sportsmen, top position in an aid organisation, rather famous photo models, businessmen, classical music director...)

Each Midsummer moved away people go back to the village where I were at summers as kid and where I started playing football at club level. My parents and sisters have moved there permanently. After moving to Phils, I plan to visit there 1 month per year around midsummer so I can meet old friends too.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Steve what was the question again :89:

Naaah as you get older your memory goes so it don't matter.

Seriously, I find every year the exchange of Christmas cards get less.

I can remember things and friends from the past, but new aquaintences names I struggle with,

Joey, I mean Steve live for today, for tomorrow never comes.

Happy Birthday again....there my memory isn't that bad after all :cheersty:

Tim did you have to edit it because you forgot my name ,

Yours, Derick

No it's because my keyboard can't spell Mary
  • Like 1