The Real Basis For The Claim That Davao Is " One Of The Safest Cities In The World"...

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Can be found here:

It's utterly bogus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Old55
Linking to blogs is not allowed per forum rules

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Please don't post links to blogs without the forum owners permission. Sorry bout the edit, please contact Tom he may allow it. 

Edited by Old55

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Davao has seen a plethora of killings, kidnappings and bombings recently....probably dropped from 4th to 5th safest city in THE WHOLE WORLD.   :lol:   Probably a decent place to live, but the hype is ridiculous, IMO.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I think the best idea is for members who actually live there to voice their opinion as to wither it is safe or not ..... I have a good friend that has lived there for a number of years ...... but as I said I don't live there so I won't express his opinion .... JMHO :tiphat:

:cheersty:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I think the best idea is for members who actually live there to voice their opinion as to wither it is safe or not ..... I have a good friend that has lived there for a number of years ...... but as I said I don't live there so I won't express his opinion .... JMHO :tiphat:

Yes first hand knowledge is always best.

• Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Good point.   I just believe the crime statistics are skewed, and it's not nearly as safe as everyone portends.  I've a good friend that recently returned after several years there in Davao, and after digesting it all and weeding out the BS he spewed, I still couldn't make a good case for living there.   Which sucks for me, as I really wanted to like Davao.  

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I just believe the crime statistics are skewed

Slightly off topic,,only slightly which is good for me. There are time when I don't know what to make of the crime stats. I remember reading that a bunch of Police chief were sacked for not reducing the crime in their area, I also read that some were relieved by cooking the stats to look better....6 to one, half dozen to another lol :1 (103):

• Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Please don't post links to blogs without the forum owners permission. Sorry bout the edit, please contact Tom he may allow it. 

Sorry.

The gist of the article is that the claim is made on the basis of  452 votes on the Numbeo website, and that no international media ranked Davao even in their top fifty.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I have two friends who live in Davao, But much as I like them I would pay more regard to a survey by an authoritative polling organisation - the Philippines has one, in the shape of SWS, who are notably silent on the relative safety of Davao.

As Larry and Scott both say, crime statistics are a nightmare of deceitful half truths, even as between the USA and the UK.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
crime statistics are a nightmare of deceitful half truths

I believe it was Mark Twain who popularized the theory that there are three kinds of falsehood"Lies, damned lies, and statistics"

• Like 5